Windows 10: black print on test page

Discus and support black print on test page in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed a printer on my new computer, but the test page has print with a black background. printer works correctly on my old computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SharaPomerinke, Dec 15, 2020.

1. black print on test page

I just installed a printer on my new computer, but the test page has print with a black background. printer works correctly on my old computer.

:)

SharaPomerinke, Dec 15, 2020
  2. DONNAJ56 Win User

I can only print test pages

Do you have any other suggestions? I' still can't print anything other than test pages. please help?

DONNAJ56, Dec 15, 2020
  3. after adding a printer, test page will not print

I added a printer to my Windows 10 Surface Book system. It tells me to print the test page and that fails. When I try to navigate to the suggested troubleshooting page, Edge intervenes and will not allow me to continue. Eventually, I'm able to escape Edge's
    handcuffs. But to try again, I would need to get back to trying to print the test page. Not sure how to get back to that point. Do I have to delete the printer and start all over again?

Is there a way to remove Edge from the system?

SweetTasha, Dec 15, 2020
  4. katkc Win User

black print on test page

Printer Won't print black, but prints color

thanks again, but I want it to print , both. I cannot get it to print black when I try to print a label for shipping or when I run a test page. It has a full cartridge

I have tried to follow your above steps BUT I do not have the same screens showing that you do. There is no option to pick colors. I did try to print in black only from the printer settings on the printer, did not print, just a white sheet of paper.

katkc, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

black print on test page

1. black print on test page - Similar Threads - black print test

2. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  3. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer prints only test page: My printer only prints test page. I dont have enough knowledge to computer so I will explain it with the best of my experience. The printer works fine before upgrading computer but now it is not working fine. The printer prints test page but when I print using office...
  4. Printer prints only test page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.: I tried to troubleshoot but it did not find a problem, i followed the advise to restart the print spooler, but it did not help. The only change made between the time when the printer printed my docs and now when it does not print was that windows updated itself. What can I do...
  6. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.: I tried to troubleshoot but it did not find a problem, i followed the advise to restart the print spooler, but it did not help. The only change made between the time when the printer printed my docs and now when it does not print was that windows updated itself. What can I do...
  7. my printer prints the test page but otherwise will not print.

8. When Printing to Microsoft Print to PDF the Page prints a Black Page

When Printing to Microsoft Print to PDF the Page prints a Black Page: After installing KB5003173 I try to print to any installed printer from a non-Microsoft Application i get a Black Page. If i uninstall KB5003173 this problem goes away. I am running Windows 10 Pro, Ver 20H2 Build 19042.985This problem occurs on other computers that have the...
  9. Black page in printing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black page in printing: After update 10-9-19 printing is only black page with white words. Help! This does not work for me!!! I've deleted the updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-page-in-printing/9bf7bb28-f2ad-46bc-9779-59873a53457e
  10. after adding a printer, test page will not print

after adding a printer, test page will not print: I added a printer to my Windows 10 Surface Book system. It tells me to print the test page and that fails. When I try to navigate to the suggested troubleshooting page, Edge intervenes and will not allow me to continue. Eventually, I'm able to escape Edge's handcuffs. But to...