Windows 10: Black rectangle appears on startup

Discus and support Black rectangle appears on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] When I start my laptop this black thing appears. Does anyone know what it is and how I might get rid of it? 77060 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fred22, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

Black rectangle appears on startup

Black rectangle appears on startup [​IMG]

When I start my laptop this black thing appears. Does anyone know what it is and how I might get rid of it?

:)

Fred22, Feb 10, 2017

2. questionable image on all screens

Please see the image below that demonstrates the black rectangle with the blue line and "100" that mysteriously started appearing on the upper left portion of my screen on documents, desktop and websites. I am unable to move it or delete this black rectangle
    despite searching through all of the programs and controls. Please advise.

CindyStern, Feb 10, 2017
  3. iang26 Win User
    Black rectangles in Gallery on Lumia 930

Can't see some pictures on Lumia 930, but the files appear to be there. Also they upload to a MacBook Pro, but appear as black rectangles. What is going on?

iang26, Feb 10, 2017
  4. Black rectangle appears on startup

Hi Fred22

When you say when you start your laptop, is this before or after you sign in.

Can I ask how you get rid of it?

Does it cover your task bar?

If it doesn't cover your task bar can you do a print screen which should show the task bar. I'm hoping you can see the icon of the offending app. It should be underlined in blue.

If it is covering task bar, with the black still on screen, crtl + alt +del and enter task manager. Hopefully it is an app and will be listed as a running.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 11, 2017
  5. Fred22 Win User
    Thanks for the tip. Will try that when I get on my laptop in a few minutes. I'm on the new Lenovo desktop and it seems to be running perfectly.

Fred22, Feb 11, 2017
  6. Fred22 Win User
    It WAS an app. on the task bar...a Canon app. which has never performed correctly...for remote printing which I don't really need on this laptop. Now that I know what it is, I can ignore it or remove the Canon shortcuts. Thanks for your assistance.

Fred22, Feb 16, 2017
  7. Excellent. If you check startup tab in task manager you may be able to disable it starting.

That or you can run Autoruns, part of Sysinternals, to disable start.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black rectangle appears on startup

1. Black rectangle appears on startup - Similar Threads - Black rectangle appears

2. Black rectangle in the corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black rectangle in the corner of my screen: Ok, so I don't have an image of it sadlyidk why my screenshot won't load but that's not the issue. Whenever my computer unplugs, regardless if I plug it back in before it happens, my screen cuts out, shows a small image of one of the tabs or apps I have open, then when my...
  3. Black rectangle in the corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black rectangle in the corner of my screen: Ok, so I don't have an image of it sadlyidk why my screenshot won't load but that's not the issue. Whenever my computer unplugs, regardless if I plug it back in before it happens, my screen cuts out, shows a small image of one of the tabs or apps I have open, then when my...
  4. blue/black/gray rectangle dots keep appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue/black/gray rectangle dots keep appearing on my screen: i did most of the stuff i deleted and redownloaded the drivers and it still didnt work i dont know what to do that started randomly happening...
  5. blue/black/gray rectangle dots keep appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue/black/gray rectangle dots keep appearing on my screen: i did most of the stuff i deleted and redownloaded the drivers and it still didnt work i dont know what to do that started randomly happening...
  6. blue/black/gray rectangle dots keep appearing on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Black rectangle on title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black rectangle on title bar: [ATTACH] I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, and now there is a black rectangle under the title bar's text. The rectangle is exactly the same color as the text, so it's not possible to see the text. If I defocus the window, the text color gets lighter to indicate...
  8. Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it: After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004, my wifi icon has turned to a weird icon as the snapshot below. Even this problem does not trigger any network issue, but this bug really making me uncomfortable. I just want to know, any solutions regarding to this...
  9. Black rectangle appears in search view

in Cortana
    Black rectangle appears in search view: Black (dark gray) rectangle appearing on fresh windows 10 installation (Oct 2018) when trying to use search on start menu. Steps: 1. Pressed start menu button. 2. Started typing. 3. Transformed to search view where rectangle appearred. [ATTACH]...
  10. The little black rectangle in the top right

in Windows 10 Support
    The little black rectangle in the top right: Just purchased a new screen for my setup an acer xb281hk, and I noticed a black rectangle in the top right of the screen. Not knowing what it was I googled the issue. Most users advised to reinstall windows or do the whole sfc thing or said my screen had dead pixels. Lets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black rectangle startup