Windows 10: Black rectangle shows up middle of screen- mouse doesnt work within it

Discus and support Black rectangle shows up middle of screen- mouse doesnt work within it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For months now I have been getting a black rectangle in the middle of my screen. Sometimes, depending on the window that's up, it doesn't show as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RickNCN, Jun 24, 2019.

1. RickNCN Win User

Black rectangle shows up middle of screen- mouse doesnt work within it

For months now I have been getting a black rectangle in the middle of my screen. Sometimes, depending on the window that's up, it doesn't show as anything - it's transparent, but it's still there. On other windows, it shows up as a rectangular hole in the window that you can see through to the desktop. Regardless of how it manifests, the mouse has no effect within the rectangle. I have to reboot for it to go away. It never goes away on its own. I do some gaming and thought it was related to opening Steam and the game - either PUBG or Ring of Elysium, but it's not. I happened today after a restart and I hadn't done any gaming. I just can't pin it to any activity I perform on the PC. I'll post pictures.
    TIA!
    Black rectangle shows up middle of screen- mouse doesnt work within it [​IMG]

:)

RickNCN, Jun 24, 2019

2. Black Squares and Rectangles Coming up on Screen

I bought a used Toshiba laptop that had been upgraded to windows 10. The touchpad on it wont work and when I use the USB mouse there are black squares and rectangles appearing on the screen. Can anyone help me with this problem?

LaDonnaFleming, Jun 24, 2019
  3. screen gose blank than shows rectangles

My Dell 8700 computer screen will go black and then show colored rectangles. I have to reboot, happens daily

ThomasNale, Jun 24, 2019
  4. chas2003 Win User

unwanted rectangle in browsers where mouse click does not work

A rectangle shows up over browsers on Chrome it is black on Internet explorer it is white and it sometimes over other programs. Regardless of the program or if it shows up or not a mouse click over that area does not work.

WIndows 10 pro 64 bit.

chas2003, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Black rectangle shows up middle of screen- mouse doesnt work within it - Similar Threads - Black rectangle shows

2. Black rectangle in the corner of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black rectangle in the corner of my screen: Ok, so I don't have an image of it sadlyidk why my screenshot won't load but that's not the issue. Whenever my computer unplugs, regardless if I plug it back in before it happens, my screen cuts out, shows a small image of one of the tabs or apps I have open, then when my...
  3. Mouse shows light but doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse shows light but doesnt work: It is a wireless mouse with keyboard which share one USB, but the mouse doesnt work, it shows lights but doesnt scroll or anything, but the keyboard works fine. I tried connecting the USB to a different computer and it still doesnt work, I tried replacing the batteries,...
  4. Mouse shows light but doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse shows light but doesnt work: It is a wireless mouse with keyboard which share one USB, but the mouse doesnt work, it shows lights but doesnt scroll or anything, but the keyboard works fine. I tried connecting the USB to a different computer and it still doesnt work, I tried replacing the batteries,...
  5. Mouse shows light but doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Black circle in the middle of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black circle in the middle of screen: Disclaimer: This forum would not let me upload any pictures?Screen Shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmJ6IfRjKhXQvDecONrwm-pDOxi6vp5x/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17tnoCRcsoyAe5Ez4wFV-UZ111w1c7DBE/view?usp=sharingAfter the latest round of Windows 10...
  7. Black circle in the middle of screen

Black circle in the middle of screen: Disclaimer: This forum would not let me upload any pictures?Screen Shot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fmJ6IfRjKhXQvDecONrwm-pDOxi6vp5x/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/file/d/17tnoCRcsoyAe5Ez4wFV-UZ111w1c7DBE/view?usp=sharingAfter the latest round of Windows 10...
  8. black box in middle of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black box in middle of screen: I have a black box in the middle of my screen. How do I remove this box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box-in-middle-of-screen/9b5e32cb-87ec-4939-810b-519efbd9867b
  9. black box in middle of screen

black box in middle of screen: I have a black box in the middle of my screen. How do I remove this box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box-in-middle-of-screen/9b5e32cb-87ec-4939-810b-519efbd9867b
  10. How To Get Rid Of Vertical Transparent Black Rectangle In the Middle Of My Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Get Rid Of Vertical Transparent Black Rectangle In the Middle Of My Screen: Hi, there is a transparent rectangle shape running down the middle of my screen. It doesn't affect anything else on my laptop but gets annoying. The rectangle is always there, including when I first turn on my laptop. It doesn't show up in a screenshot. Is there a way to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does it mean when black rectangles come up on my computer screen