Windows 10: Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App

Discus and support Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was editing photos today in my Photos App in Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos, so I always just click "Save" when I'm done editing, instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CatrinADS, Nov 30, 2019.

1. CatrinADS Win User

Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App

I was editing photos today in my Photos App in Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos, so I always just click "Save" when I'm done editing, instead of "Save a Copy" because I don't want to have to go back later and delete the originals. After hitting "Save" for a couple of my photos, black rectangles appeared over a part of the photo. The photos looked fine until I hit "Save", but then immediately the black rectangles popped up. They only cover a part of the photo, but in both cases it covers the face of somebody in the photo, so I'd really like to fix the photos. Because I didn't "Save a Copy", I don't know how to revert to the original photo. Has anyone ever had this problem, or have any solutions?

:)

CatrinADS, Nov 30, 2019
  2. lxROKxl Win User

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Nov 30, 2019
  3. photo editing app

Hi Tim,

We need a few information for us to effectively provide you a solution with editing in the photo app. Please provide the following:

• Are you using the pre-installed Photos app on Windows 10 ,Paint or perhaps an app you have downloaded in Windows Store?
    • What are those troubleshooting steps you have already tried so far?
    • Please provide a screenshot showing your issue.
    We'd appreciate any additional information you may provide.

Eugene deV, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App

Windows 10 Photo App will not update photos after editing.

Hi Jenny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing Windows Photo app as it fails to update the edited photos, we will help you with this issue.

As you have issues with performance of Photos app, I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App

1. Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App - Similar Threads - Black Rectangles Photos

2. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  3. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  4. Editing Photos in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Editing Photos in Windows 10: I can't edit photos in my Picture folders, I receive an error notice from Windows Defender whenever I want to edit photos, that there is potential Malware changing my files....
  5. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  6. Editing in Photo App

Editing in Photo App: I've added and edited Orientation, Taken Date many photos into the My Pictures Folder, where I've added subfolders for Date or Event. I've turned off One Drive because it was slowing down my already slow Intel i3 computer. Since the Photo App displays photos from One Drive,...
  7. photos app batch edit ?

photos app batch edit ?: Is there a way to programmatically or batch edit a project in photos app ? For example , I made a video with photos app and it is just images that last 10 seconds each with different text for each image . Is there an easy way to change the images and text using some...
  8. Windows 10 Photo Editing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Photo Editing: After editing a photo, the original is replaced by the edited version. Is there any way to recover the original photo if so desired? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-editing/bc9ec8bc-13e8-4011-88fa-088d4c2335bf
  9. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...
  10. Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others

Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others: This is driving me crazy. I have PhotoShop which runs fine under win10 bty BUT I really like the little Photos app for quick editing however. It doesn't work all the time. The app itself never fails to launch but with about half of the pictures that I try to edit give me...