Windows 10: black sceen on monitor

Discus and support black sceen on monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; occationaly my screen is black and the only solution is to unplug the monitor and plug it back in. That corrects the problem, but it happens quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Randall123, Nov 25, 2018.

1. black sceen on monitor

occationaly my screen is black and the only solution is to unplug the monitor and plug it back in. That corrects the problem, but it happens quite often.

:)

Randall123, Nov 25, 2018

2. Windows 10 Black sceen

Hi Eric,

A black screen appear if your display driver is not working. Usually, this is fixed if the driver is updated or repaired. We suggest that you follow this

guide
    to troubleshoot this issue. This lists the fixes for the black screen error that you are encountering.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

black sceen on monitor

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

black sceen on monitor

1. black sceen on monitor - Similar Threads - black sceen monitor

2. how to change sceen back to black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change sceen back to black and white: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-sceen-back-to-black-and-white/54d6bb64-4df7-4050-a957-920b1a6641f3
  3. how to change sceen back to black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change sceen back to black and white: windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-sceen-back-to-black-and-white/54d6bb64-4df7-4050-a957-920b1a6641f3
  4. how to change sceen back to black and white

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. monitor goes black and only says hdmi on top of the sceen when playing games for a very...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor goes black and only says hdmi on top of the sceen when playing games for a very...: I have own my pc for about 2 years and haven't had any problems but recently about 1 week ago i didn't have any problems until I downloaded the latest NVidia drivers and over time I noticed with some games such as COD MW2, BeamNg.drive, **** and COD balck ops 3. I would also...
  6. monitor goes black and only says hdmi on top of the sceen when playing games for a very...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor goes black and only says hdmi on top of the sceen when playing games for a very...: I have own my pc for about 2 years and haven't had any problems but recently about 1 week ago i didn't have any problems until I downloaded the latest NVidia drivers and over time I noticed with some games such as COD MW2, BeamNg.drive, **** and COD balck ops 3. I would also...
  7. Black Sceen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Sceen: So I’m having a problem or maybe a few. 2 Days ago I launched my PC just fine it was working great and then it said it needed to restart for an update and so I updated it. Now when I turn it on it works just fine up until I log in and it turns to a black screen after. It...
  8. Black sceen when signing out/logging off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black sceen when signing out/logging off: Hi, I have started getting a couple of annoying issues. Firstly, intermittently, when signing/logging out I get a 'Black screen' and have to shut down my PC from power button on desk top tower and reboot. Not very computer savvy so no real idea of what the issue is and how...
  9. Loading Operating System black sceen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loading Operating System black sceen: Windows 10, desktop computer - previously upgraded from Windows 7 - 2016??? I was using my computer this morning to look up some information and played a few PC games (everything is scanned for viruses prior to installing). I left the computer on as I planned on using it...
  10. Black flashing sceen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black flashing sceen: My computer screen is black with only the date, time & test icon flashing on the bottom taskbar. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-flashing-sceen/b7d33aeb-d11b-4237-b12d-06312cd9c639