Windows 10: Black sceen when signing out/logging off

Discus and support Black sceen when signing out/logging off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have started getting a couple of annoying issues. Firstly, intermittently, when signing/logging out I get a 'Black screen' and have to shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Albatross1, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Black sceen when signing out/logging off

Hi, I have started getting a couple of annoying issues.

Firstly, intermittently, when signing/logging out I get a 'Black screen' and have to shut down my PC from power button on desk top tower and reboot. Not very computer savvy so no real idea of what the issue is and how to solve this glitch.

Secondly for some reason when I restart sometimes the numbers lock light comes on my ASUS Keyboard and I am unable to turn it off so cannot use mouse. I have to use on screen keyboard to log in to my account. If I sign out the numbers lock light goes off. Sign in again and can use mouse.

Really annoying glitches not sure how to fix.

:)

Albatross1, Mar 6, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 6, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Black sceen when signing out/logging off

Black screen on Windows 10, unable to log-in with error: "Preapring Automatic Repair"

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing black screen errors and unable to log-in.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

As a workaround, I suggest you to remove all the external devices being connected (except mouse and keyboard), try hard reboot the device and check the status of this issue.

As you are unable to log-in to the desktop with black screen, I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps provided in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems (click on
    Black screen and not signed in to Windows 10)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Black sceen when signing out/logging off

1. Black sceen when signing out/logging off - Similar Threads - Black sceen signing

2. Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?: Anytime I use the ALT +F4 shortcut to log in or switch user there is also a brief black screen faintly lit due to my monitor when logging in or out, logging in also shows a brief "please wait" loading screen.are these normal?...
  3. Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?: Anytime I use the ALT +F4 shortcut to log in or switch user there is also a brief black screen faintly lit due to my monitor when logging in or out, logging in also shows a brief "please wait" loading screen.are these normal?...
  4. Is it normal for a brief black screen when signing in and out?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black Sceen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Sceen: So I’m having a problem or maybe a few. 2 Days ago I launched my PC just fine it was working great and then it said it needed to restart for an update and so I updated it. Now when I turn it on it works just fine up until I log in and it turns to a black screen after. It...
  6. HELP: Black screen when signing out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP: Black screen when signing out.: There are two users on my PC. It sometimes happens on one but never on the other. Screen goes black when signing out or shutting down after the spinning "loading" icon appears. When I lock screen and sign in to the other account, it goes black. My only way to restore...
  7. black sceen on monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    black sceen on monitor: occationaly my screen is black and the only solution is to unplug the monitor and plug it back in. That corrects the problem, but it happens quite often. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-sceen-on-monitor/1af76626-63f4-430f-a04f-2ea3d645a740
  8. Loading Operating System black sceen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loading Operating System black sceen: Windows 10, desktop computer - previously upgraded from Windows 7 - 2016??? I was using my computer this morning to look up some information and played a few PC games (everything is scanned for viruses prior to installing). I left the computer on as I planned on using it...
  9. Black flashing sceen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black flashing sceen: My computer screen is black with only the date, time & test icon flashing on the bottom taskbar. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-flashing-sceen/b7d33aeb-d11b-4237-b12d-06312cd9c639
  10. How to sign/log out

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign/log out: Occasionally a change made with a program requires you to log/sign out and back in before it will take effect. I use TweakUI to remove the arrows from the desktop shortcuts. (Yes, I know there are other ways.) I'm on Build 10122 and when I went to log out I couldn't find a...