Windows 10: black scree with cursor when asking to udpate a software

Discus and support black scree with cursor when asking to udpate a software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been uaing Malwarebytes for a while. It asked me to update the version and when I say yes, my screen goes black with the cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by renzocarioca, Jul 19, 2019.

1. black scree with cursor when asking to udpate a software

Hi all,

I've been uaing Malwarebytes for a while.

It asked me to update the version and when I say yes, my screen goes black with the cursor appearing.

Iam able to get out of the situation doing an "alt ctrl delete" which will , for an instant show me the actual update windows for Malwarebytes but I am not able to say ok since the windows blue screen for the "alt ctrl delete" command appears with the optio.

I've tried to run it as an admin... same thing happen.

All my other programs seem to work fine. Anybody a clue?

thks

:)

renzocarioca, Jul 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Black Screen, No Cursor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please follow the below suggestion and check if that helps.

If you see the black screen only
    after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps.

Perform SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system
    files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 ( Applies to Windows 10 as well).

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 19, 2019
  3. deeneecy Win User
    cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Jul 19, 2019
  4. black scree with cursor when asking to udpate a software

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

black scree with cursor when asking to udpate a software

1. black scree with cursor when asking to udpate a software - Similar Threads - black scree cursor

2. Black screen when installing software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when installing software: Hello, when I try to install new software I get a black screen. I have then to ctrl+alt+del to return to the desktop. So I wanted to run DISM, but Command Prompt gives a black screen too and so does MSERT, which then says "you must be logged on as a member of the...
  3. Black screen when installing software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when installing software: Hello, when I try to install new software I get a black screen. I have then to ctrl+alt+del to return to the desktop. So I wanted to run DISM, but Command Prompt gives a black screen too and so does MSERT, which then says "you must be logged on as a member of the...
  4. black scree with cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black scree with cursor: Hi,I have not been able to update my Windows since version 1909, OS build 18363.1556. Every time an update attempts to install, I wind up with a black screen with only my cursor. I have tried every solution I could find online. The Task Manager does not appear after trying to...
  5. black scree with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black scree with cursor: Hi,I have not been able to update my Windows since version 1909, OS build 18363.1556. Every time an update attempts to install, I wind up with a black screen with only my cursor. I have tried every solution I could find online. The Task Manager does not appear after trying to...
  6. black scree with cursor

7. black screen when uninstalling softwares

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen when uninstalling softwares: hello i have a weird issue im connected remote on a user pc with my credential the user is not admin but when i try to uninstall stuff i'm part of the local administrations group i recieve a popup to enter my credentials so i did but i get a blackscreen right after and...
  8. black screen when uninstalling softwares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen when uninstalling softwares: hello i have a weird issue im connected remote on a user pc with my credential the user is not admin but when i try to uninstall stuff i'm part of the local administrations group i recieve a popup to enter my credentials so i did but i get a blackscreen right after and...
  9. black screen when uninstalling softwares

10. Laptop screen black after last weeks udpate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop screen black after last weeks udpate: I loaded the last update last week, on an ASUS F554L laptop. After rebooting the laptop screen stopped working ?! - backlight is on - screen is black - the image that should be on it sometimes flickers but otherwise remains black -------------- I've tried to reboot the...