Windows 10: Black screen a thousand times and I don't know what else to do

Discus and support Black screen a thousand times and I don't know what else to do in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a brand new Ryzen 7 3700x, 5600xt, Asrock x570 steel legend, 16gb ram, 1tb nvme. I assembled the pc correctly on Friday, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JohnnyBeGood88, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Black screen a thousand times and I don't know what else to do

Hi, I recently bought a brand new Ryzen 7 3700x, 5600xt, Asrock x570 steel legend, 16gb ram, 1tb nvme.

I assembled the pc correctly on Friday, I installed Windows, the system started, everything fine, I updated the drivers from Windows update and then downloaded the AMD app (adrenalin) to update the rest of the available drivers. The graphics drivers that I installed from Windows update were installed correctly and I noticed because it changed the resolution, then they were updated with the AMD app and everything was fine. Things went well up to there, I had no problem. Install a couple of light games to test that everything works fine and it indeed was working fine.

The problem came yesterday, Saturday, when I turned it off and turned it back on after a few hours. When I turned it on, the motherboard boot appeared, but then Windows did not start, (it did not show me to log in to my user, or the background of that screen, or anything), a black screen appeared, so I thought I had installed Windows incorrectly and it wasn't booting correctly, so I proceeded to install it again. Installed it and it booted fine. I started updating the system from Windows update and I left the PC, after a while I came back and again the screen was black. Rebooted the system a couple of times and the same thing happened again, Windows did not start after the motherboard boot screen appeared, black screen. I then had to reinstall Windows and, once installed, I started updating again from Windows update, this time I stayed watching to see what happened. When I was installing the Amd graphics drivers again, from Windows update,, the screen went black and the same story again, I restarted the PC and the black screen appeared after the motherboard boot, that is, the system did not show anything.

I installed Windows for the 3rd time and started googling. I found on google that Windows update sometimes has problems with the AMD drivers, either it installs them incorrectly or corrupted or something like that. so they recommended that I started the Windows system in safe mode and that with the help of a program called Display drivers uninstaller (DDU) I distil the option to allow windows update to install AMD graphics drivers. I was surprised that this option was already distilled. Even so, from that DDU app I uninstalled all the AMD drivers and then I thought that I should try to install drivers from the official AMD Adrenalin app. Boot windows, fine, downloaded Adrenalin and while I was installing the program, not even while installing the AMD drivers from the same proprietary program, again my screen went black.

Today, Sunday, I went to turn it on and, again black screen appeared, without being able to log in, rebooted and this time it appeared a message with a blue background that said
    that Windows had been installed incorrectly. It gave me the option to go to the secure boot so I agreed and deleted the AMD drivers again, just in case. I managed to do it using the DDU again. I rebooted the Windows system and while I was googling something black screen again. So it looks like after a while screen just goes black, or idk...

So here I am now. Black screen again, no clue what tf I should do. Any help? Thanks

submitted by /u/JohnnyBeGood88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JohnnyBeGood88, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen a thousand times and I don't know what else to do

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Black screen a thousand times and I don't know what else to do

1. Black screen a thousand times and I don't know what else to do - Similar Threads - Black screen thousand

2. Constant black screens and I dont know what to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant black screens and I dont know what to do: I have had black screens after 30 mins of playing a game on my pc. This is all coming after a corrupt windows download and bad ram that i have now fixed just to be hit with black screens. I have tried everything from better cooling, reinstalling drivers, reasembling my pc,...
  3. Constant black screens and I dont know what to do

Constant black screens and I dont know what to do: Hello I am using windows 11 and I am at my wits end right now. I have tried everything under the sun to fix my problem and nothing has worked. When I am playing a game for around 30 minutes and then open any interface in the game or go to the end screen of an activity my...
  4. New PC Windows 10 Black screens occasionally I don't know what to do...

New PC Windows 10 Black screens occasionally I don't know what to do...: Note: Please read the whole question because I have gathered so much data and put it together along with all details. I think I am going insane. I've been dealing with this problem for 1.5 months. I might just send my PC in for repairs but I really do not want to wait that is...
  5. New PC Windows 10 Black screens occasionally I don't know what to do...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC Windows 10 Black screens occasionally I don't know what to do...: Note: Please read the whole question because I have gathered so much data and put it together along with all details. I think I am going insane. I've been dealing with this problem for 1.5 months. I might just send my PC in for repairs but I really do not want to wait that is...
  6. New PC Windows 10 Black screens occasionally I don't know what to do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what to do: I messed around with the registry once I upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro following the instructions of some youtube video WITHOUT BACKING UP. Basically it was just setting some values to 0 so that microsoft doesn't track my activity and overall make my computer faster....
  8. I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't know what else to do now... (Unable to use GUI in wsl): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashuraaz23 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etayrg/i_dont_know_what_else_to_do_now_unable_to_use_gui/
  9. Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something's doing something and I don't know what's causing it and I don't know what to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9auO41B2g&feature=youtu.be Hey here's a video that shows what's going on. I tried updating what could be updated, I tried replugging both my mouse and keyboard, even tried switching to a different mouse, but the problem still comes back. I...
  10. I don't know what to do anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't know what to do anymore: Basically I hate windows 10 and wanted to go back to windows 7, sadly windows doesn't want to cooperate with me. I want a clean install so all my files and settings would get removed and/or reset which is totally fine. Sadly windows 10 does not like me, I've been stuck at...