Windows 10: Black screen after 1/25/19 Insider update (fast ring)

Discus and support Black screen after 1/25/19 Insider update (fast ring) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been a Windows Insider for a few years, and the latest Fast ring update seems to have broken my computer. From the moment I push the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BlueMoon1890, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Black screen after 1/25/19 Insider update (fast ring)

I've been a Windows Insider for a few years, and the latest Fast ring update seems to have broken my computer. From the moment I push the power button to the problem, it goes loke this:

I turn my computer on

I see the Dell logo (my motherboard was salvagrd from a Dell precision)

I see the Intel RAID information for my 500 GB Crucial SSD and 500 GB Western Digital hard disk combination

I see the Windows logo and loading circle

The screen stays black indefinitely

There seems to be something going on behind the scenes, because my RAZR keyboard loads the custom lighting preset I created, and reacts to keypresses (although extremely slowly)

This happened after applying today's Insider update, and restarting once it was completed (I always do to "clean out" everything the update left behind, although it's probably just for peace of mind)

I've tried all the usual shortcuts (CTRL + ALT + DEL, CTRL + Shift + ESC, pressing Shift + F8 during boot, pressing F5 during boot, and a few others that I desperately tried at random), but it was all to no avail. I wanted to boot into the recovery menu, where i could roll back the update to the last stable version. My only hope was that I could possibly blindly navigate to the restart button and hold shift to initiate the recovery boot, but after a few tries and what im sure resulted in misplaced desktop icons, I gave up.

My only guess as to what could be wrong is some sort of video compatibility issue, although I did just upgrade to an MSI 1050 Ti. I'd really prefer not to reinstall Windows, as I have a fairly large movie collection for my Plex server, with no backup.

As to be expected Microsoft support did jack squat and directed me to this website. Any help is appreciated.

:)

BlueMoon1890, Jan 26, 2019

2. Getting Firmware updates for Windows Phones on Insider Release fast ring

I have a Lumia 1520, 950 XL and HP Elite X3; all on the Insider Release Fast Ring. Will still receive firmware updates while on Insider Release Fast Ring?

KeithBartholomew, Jan 26, 2019
  3. What is the latest windows insider fast ring build for Lumia 535?

What is the latest windows insider fast ring build for Lumia 535? I am on the insider fast ring on my lumia 535 dual sim. The OS build is 10586.107 and checking for updates shows 'Your device is up to date'. Even the official release of windows 10 is build
    10586.164 why I am not able to get further updates in fast ring? In the insiders blog it shows for fast ring build
    14291 is available, but I am not able to update to it. Why?

GopakumarN G, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Black screen after 1/25/19 Insider update (fast ring)

What is the latest windows insider fast ring build for Lumia 535?

But I have been getting updates till build 10586.107 in the fast ring, are you sure this fast ring is now reserved for phones shipped with windows 10? Also to switch to slow or release preview ring
    only needs to select slow/release preview ring in the insider app from fast ring or I need to roll back to windows 8.1 using windows device recovery tool and again register for insider preview for slow or release preview ring?

GopakumarN G, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after 1/25/19 Insider update (fast ring)

1. Black screen after 1/25/19 Insider update (fast ring) - Similar Threads - Black screen Insider

2. Windows 10 Insider Fast ring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Insider Fast ring: i was using my laptop fine last night, and then this morning when i turned it on, it won't boot tried advanced startup, uninstall feature, and last installed updates - nothing tried booting safe mode - nothing please help...
  3. Cannot leave Fast insider ring

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot leave Fast insider ring: Following the instructions in this blog post, I went to change my Windows 10 PC to the Release Preview ring, so I can update to the May 2020 update release build and then leave the Insider program for the time being. However, every time I try to change the setting, Windows...
  4. Insider preview fast ring

Insider preview fast ring: I am currently stuck on 19592.1001 and even though on the fast ring not getting any updates. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-fast-ring/a7ef9816-8c49-46eb-946b-10d60151a0c6
  5. Full-screen graphics performance low with latest fast ring Insider

in Windows 10 Support
    Full-screen graphics performance low with latest fast ring Insider: Hello! The title said the most. Latest Insider build - 19002.1002: 3DMark Fire strike on 18999.1 score - 17000 points 3DMark Fire strike on 19002.1002 - 12000 points But I noticed after benchmarking with Unigine Heaven that in windowed mode the peformance is normal. So only...
  6. Blues Screens after latest fast ring windows insider update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blues Screens after latest fast ring windows insider update.: Hello! I have an issue after updating to the newest windows 10 fast ring insider update. Issues im facing : 1:My PC boots up and works for about 10 seconds and after im getting a blue screen that relating to windows insider. 2:The blue screen is zoomed in my screen...
  7. Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring: I have Windows 10 Pro on my Laptop. I upgraded to "Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18970.1005) Evaluation Copy. Expires 01-08-2020 04:09 on 30th August" and since then the Bluetooth Device on the Laptop has stopped working. The Device Manager displays the information...
  8. Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring: I have Windows 10 Pro on my Laptop. I upgraded to "Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18970.1005) Evaluation Copy. Expires 01-08-2020 04:09 on 30th August" and since then the Bluetooth Device on the Laptop has stopped working. The Device Manager displays the information...
  9. Bluetooth inoperative after upgrading to Insiders Fast Ring

in Windows 10 Support
  10. Cannot update Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring

Cannot update Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring: My Surface Pro 5 cannot install updates but shows "update available" in the windows update tab in settings. I got build 18323_19h1 Windows 10 Pro (Insider Fast Ring). Tried troubleshooting which keeps "checking for pending restart", used the Windows Standalone Installer...