Windows 10: Black screen after 1903 update

Discus and support Black screen after 1903 update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer was stuck on 1703 forever but clearing the update folder and restarting the update service seemed to fix it and it updated to 1903. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/desktopppp, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Black screen after 1903 update

My computer was stuck on 1703 forever but clearing the update folder and restarting the update service seemed to fix it and it updated to 1903. I can get to the logon screen but after logging on all I see is a black screen with my cursor and a blank personalized settings box in the top left . Strangely I can see the Malwarebytes upgrade notification when it comes up but nothing else. The thing is if I remove the feature update and go back to 1703 it’ll just keep trying to reinstall it whenever it wants to update. Should I bother trying 1909?

submitted by /u/desktopppp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/desktopppp, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Black screen after 1903 update

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after 1903 update

1. Black screen after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Black screen 1903

2. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after update: In 2019 laptop ran out of battery during an windows update. After rebooting with poweradapter plugged in, my laptop gave black screen. Was working perfectly fine before that.I've tried every possible sollution I could find online, for example:- rolling back the update- ctrl...
  3. Black screen after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after updating: When I try to log into windows, I get a black screen. This randomly fixes, but I noticed it happens after updating windows submitted by /u/Not_derpy_i_swear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc3jg6/black_screen_after_updating/
  4. Windows black screen after Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows black screen after Windows 10 1903 update: I got stuck on a black screen with the cursor after the Windows 10 1903 update. I tried to open Task Manager but it doesn't work. Please help....
  5. No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No screen fade to black effect after upgrading to 1903: I have noticed that the screen no longer fades to black when switching off after upgrading to 1903. There used to be a short fade effect when the screen turned off such as when putting the computer on sleep. The screen now just instantly goes off. I thought it was something...
  6. blue screen after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue screen after 1903 update: get blue screen (select your keyboard) after 1903 upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-after-1903-update/9a5c6465-5652-4601-9ba3-f26bc47b6071
  7. Black screen on startup (1903)

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on startup (1903): This issue has started to happen recently (this week). When I start my computer, the display turned on and off repeatedly. This goes on for a few times. After that, it leaves me with a black screen, the "Black Screen of Death". I was able to Ctrl+Shift+Win+B, but the drivers...
  8. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor: gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized...
  9. Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.

Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.: Hi everyone, Here’s my problem - I tried to update my Windows 10 to 1903. I was having issues upgrading through the Control Panel tool (It kept getting stuck at 100% downloading) so I went the other route and downloaded the media creation tool from microsoft and upgraded...
  10. Windows black screen after windows 10 1903 update

Windows black screen after windows 10 1903 update: I got stuck on a black screen with cursor after windows 10 1903 update . I tried to open Task Manager but it is not working , I tried to start up in safe mode but it also freezes after login. Please help....