Windows 10: Black screen after a few minutes

Discus and support Black screen after a few minutes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/milofelix, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Black screen after a few minutes

I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/milofelix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/milofelix, Feb 6, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 6, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Black screen after a few minutes

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after a few minutes

1. Black screen after a few minutes - Similar Threads - Black screen few

2. system completely freezes then black screens after a few minutes when gaming or during a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system completely freezes then black screens after a few minutes when gaming or during a...: Please someone assist me this has been doing my head in for days. Since the first freeze happened it got more and more often to a point where I cant play a game for more than 3 minutes, cpu completes stress test with no issue but it freezes almost instantly when I try to do...
  3. system completely freezes then black screens after a few minutes when gaming or during a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system completely freezes then black screens after a few minutes when gaming or during a...: Please someone assist me this has been doing my head in for days. Since the first freeze happened it got more and more often to a point where I cant play a game for more than 3 minutes, cpu completes stress test with no issue but it freezes almost instantly when I try to do...
  4. New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11: I just built a new PC. Installed windows 11 from a bootable usb. Entered a valid product key etc. After a few minutes in windows trying to download files or just browsing my PC black screens but stays running. No lights come on, on the mobo when this happens and the only way...
  5. New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11

New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11: I just built a new PC. Installed windows 11 from a bootable usb. Entered a valid product key etc. After a few minutes in windows trying to download files or just browsing my PC black screens but stays running. No lights come on, on the mobo when this happens and the only way...
  6. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  7. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  8. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  9. Windows 10 logo black screen appears then it lasts for few minutes and after that screen appears

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 logo black screen appears then it lasts for few minutes and after that screen appears: I need help, every time I turn on my laptop after windows 10 logo black screen appears then it lasts for few minutes and after that screen appears, how to fix this and how to speed up my system?...
  10. Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen death a few minutes after working normally: I've looked at other threads regarding the black-screen issue but my problem seems a little different. Since I installed Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop it boots up OK and I can get as far as my desktop. The taskbar settles in nicely and all seems fine. But if I open...