Windows 10: Black screen after AMD driver install.

Discus and support Black screen after AMD driver install. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently did a clean Windows install on my old machine. I literally installed only Battlefield 4, Eset and Chrome. I noticed that Windows update also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ILikePinkFloyd, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Black screen after AMD driver install.

I recently did a clean Windows install on my old machine. I literally installed only Battlefield 4, Eset and Chrome. I noticed that Windows update also automatically installed AMD Radeon Drivers. After a few days i started seeing some glitches while playing BF4. One day the game stopped working and i got and DirectX error. I don't remember exactly what it was about but I remember it said something about broken/missing drivers. I restarted PC and it acted normally. Then, it worked for some time and glitched again. Now my PC shows black screen after boot. I tried to boot it in safe mode and it works fine. I deleted the graphic drivers using Device Manager and restarted the PC. Started just fine. I tried reinstalling the AMD Adrenalin drivers using both "Optional" and "Recommended" drivers. It switches to black screen during installation and the story repeats. Works in safe mode, does not in normal mode. Since I only installed Anti-virus, web browser and a game i decided to stop guessing what was wrong and clean install windows. I thought that maybe using 2015 windows CD and updating it to the newest version may create similar problems so I decided to create USB using Windows Media Creation Tool this time. I did a clean install and proceed to chceck for updates in Windows Update. I noticed that AMD drivers were in the queue so I waited to see what happens. During installation of the drivers (now using windows update, previously using AMD Adrenaline 2020 tool) it turned black without mouse cursor again. Installing driver pack from AMD or windows update resulted in black screen every time, no matter of source. My card is Radeon R7 370 2GB MSI and this exact computer played battlefield 4 in 2015 just fine. What may be the problem and how can I fix this?

submitted by /u/ILikePinkFloyd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ILikePinkFloyd, Dec 25, 2020

2. Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

I have installed Windows 10 and then my laptop tried to install AMD display drivers. But rebooting the laptop resulted in a black screen. I performed some troubleshooting steps like deleting Windows automatic updates and updating graphic card drivers.
    But I still get the black screen. I use Radeon r9 270 gpu, intel i5-4670k cpu. My system is
    Windows 10 64 bit.

Brooke Grant, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    AMD drivers causing computer to black screen without a cursor

Hello krise1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the make and model of the PC?

Generally, this issue is caused by incompatible devices. It can also occur due to connection problem with your display, display adapter driver update or due to issues with recent updates or installations. Kindly follow the below
    suggestions and check if it helps.

Method 1: Boot into Safe Mode.

If you are unable to boot to the desktop due to black screen, I recommend you to get into safe mode through WinRE. Wherein, safe mode starts Windows in a basic state using limited set of files and drivers. For more information,
    you may refer the article on
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and refer to the suggestions provided under ‘From a black or blank screen’.

Method 2: Update the Graphics drivers.

If the latest edition of driver is causing the issue, you may revert to the previous edition and check if the issue persists. To do that,

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate to Display adapters in Device Manager and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    • Select Driver tab and hit on
      Roll Back Driver
      option.

Else, you can uninstall the latest drivers from the device manager and re-install the old drivers from

AMD Radeon R9 270 Drivers
    website.

Additional Information: You may also refer to the article on

Troubleshoot black screen errors
    for further information.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 25, 2020
  4. SamuelLV Win User

Black screen after AMD driver install.

Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

Hello Brooke, I'm Sam, an Independent Adviser. Glad to assist and help with your question.

Various reasons can cause this, including incompatible devices, connection problem with your display, display adapter driver update or issues with recent updates or installations.

Boot first your PC into Safe Mode.

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state using a limited set of files and drivers. To get more information, please refer to the article

Start your PC in Safe mode in Windows 10 and refer to the suggestions provided under From a black or blank screen

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/...

It happens that the latest edition of driver might be causing the issue. If it is so, you may revert to the previous edition.

- Right click on the Start menu and choose Device Manager

- Find Display adapters in the Device Manager and double click on it

- Right click on the driver and tap on Properties

- Choose the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver option

You can uninstall the latest drivers from the Device Manager and re-install the old drivers using AMD Radeon R9 270 Drivers website

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers...

Troubleshoot black screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/...

Disclaimer - This post contains a reference to non-Microsoft websites and there may be ads on the page for products & services including products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Product). Please thoroughly research any product/service advertised
    on the page before you decide to use them. Your discretion is very much advised.

SamuelLV, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after AMD driver install.

1. Black screen after AMD driver install. - Similar Threads - Black screen AMD

2. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen after AMD driver installation: Hello,I wanted to install the newest AMD driver for my Radeon RX 570. The driver had to restart the computer, and then I got a blue screen. It says: Inaccessible Boot Device. Since then I cant use my pc anymore. I have windows 10. It started windows repair tools. To do...
  3. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after AMD driver installation: Hello,I wanted to install the newest AMD driver for my Radeon RX 570. The driver had to restart the computer, and then I got a blue screen. It says: Inaccessible Boot Device. Since then I cant use my pc anymore. I have windows 10. It started windows repair tools. To do...
  4. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

6. Black screen after installing newest AMD drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after installing newest AMD drivers: After installing the newest AMD drivers through Windows Update or through the AMD website, the BIOS loads fine but it won't load Windows and shows a black screen, if I reset it a few times it tells me something is preventing Windows from starting and end up reinstalling...
  7. Black screen with cursor when installing AMD drivers

Black screen with cursor when installing AMD drivers: Hello i have an AMD A8 7410 with Radeon R5 M430 whenever i try to install amd drivers after reset my screen goes black with cursor i tried uninstalling drivers with AMD cleanup utility but atill my screen goes black with cursor when i open my AMD 19.5.1 setup the problem...
  8. Black screen after amd catalyst install

Black screen after amd catalyst install: Hello. Today I installed windows 10 and after that I started to install drivers. I could install Intel graphics but after I installed amd radeon 5000 series driver and restarted, I got a black screen before sign in screen. I restored using a restore point but again after...
  9. Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen: I have installed Windows 10 and then my laptop tried to install AMD display drivers. But rebooting the laptop resulted in a black screen. I performed some troubleshooting steps like deleting Windows automatic updates and updating graphic card drivers. But I still get the...
  10. Black screen when installing AMD video drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen when installing AMD video drivers: I have a new i5 system with a fresh install of Windows 10x64 and a good old AMD 7870 graphics card. I have been using AMD Crimson drivers 16.3.2 for Win10x64. No overclocking. The system has worked flawlessly the last six weeks. A couple of days ago I had my first crash, when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd 20h1 graphic blank screen

2. r7 370 after install driver black screen

3. laptop no display after amd driver installed