Windows 10: Black Screen after attempting to reset forgotten password

Discus and support Black Screen after attempting to reset forgotten password in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there,I entered my PIN and it kept saying it’s incorrect when I never changed it, so I press the Forgot Password option. It brought me to Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PVinc&, Mar 26, 2022.

1. PVinc& Win User

Black Screen after attempting to reset forgotten password

Hi there,I entered my PIN and it kept saying it’s incorrect when I never changed it, so I press the Forgot Password option. It brought me to Microsoft login asking me to enter a code they sent to my email. I did. Then screen became blue with a circular thing that looks like it’s indicating it’s loading. It didn’t. My screen turned black! The curson seems to be working but nothing else is happening. I tried turning off/on. Still black screen! What just happened. Please help. Thank you!

:)

PVinc&, Mar 26, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 26, 2022
  3. Factor reset / password forgotten

We don't work for Microsoft.

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

Change or reset your Windows password

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...olicy-on/39f56ef0-5d68-41ad-9daa-6e6019c25d37

Bill Smithers, Mar 26, 2022
  4. Grace-Lee Win User

I've forgotten my Windows password. How do I reset it.

Forgotten password is most common problem that we face while log into any account. To continue to our account, we have the option reset or recover password.

Few days ago, I got troubled with this problem, forget password Windows screen. But I follow one method to reset password and I successfully change the password. Here, I will discuss with you how to reset Windows password...

A password reset disk could really helpful for reset Windows lock screen password. So, follow below steps carefully:

• When we enter wrong password on Windows login screen, it will show reset password link below the box.
    • Make sure password reset disk is plugged into Computer.
    • Click on Reset Password link
    • When password reset wizard will appear or display, click on "Next".
    • Select password reset disk from the drop down menu list.
    • Type a new password, verify it. Click Next
    • Click on Finish and login with new password on Windows screen.

Grace-Lee, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Black Screen after attempting to reset forgotten password - Similar Threads - Black Screen attempting

2. How to reset forgotten Admin Password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset forgotten Admin Password?: I am using win 8.1 and I have connected my laptop to MS account and I want to change it. But I am unable to do it as it asks me to enter admin pw to proceed and I don't remember it. Currently login to my laptop with PIN option. I want to reset local admin password. Please...
  3. Not able to reset forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to reset forgotten password: My sister has forgotten her password to her Microsoft Account. When she tries to reset the password she first receives a code via E-Mail and then needs to answer some Security questions. Then she is told that the information she gave aren‘t enough to reset her password. Is...
  4. Not able to reset forgotten password

Not able to reset forgotten password: My sister has forgotten her password to her Microsoft Account. When she tries to reset the password she first receives a code via E-Mail and then needs to answer some Security questions. Then she is told that the information she gave aren‘t enough to reset her password. Is...
  5. Reset Problem and password forgotten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Problem and password forgotten: I have reset a Windows 10 completely and used a local account during set up. Now I have forgotten that password. I started resetting again by following the instructions shift + restart, followed by selecting to remove everything during reset. But the reset was interrupted by...
  6. Reset Problem and password forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Problem and password forgotten: I have reset a Windows 10 completely and used a local account during set up. Now I have forgotten that password. I started resetting again by following the instructions shift + restart, followed by selecting to remove everything during reset. But the reset was interrupted by...
  7. Reset Problem and password forgotten

8. Black Screen after attempting to reset forgotten password

Black Screen after attempting to reset forgotten password: Hi there,I entered my PIN and it kept saying it’s incorrect when I never changed it, so I press the Forgot Password option. It brought me to Microsoft login asking me to enter a code they sent to my email. I did. Then screen became blue with a circular thing that looks like...
  9. Black Screen after attempting to reset forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after attempting to reset forgotten password: Hi there,I entered my PIN and it kept saying it’s incorrect when I never changed it, so I press the Forgot Password option. It brought me to Microsoft login asking me to enter a code they sent to my email. I did. Then screen became blue with a circular thing that looks like...
  10. Reset administrator, forgotten password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset administrator, forgotten password.: Have forgotten my administrator password. Will a factory reset resolve the issue? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-administrator-forgotten-password/85b5b9df-5a6f-48af-bfee-4bfbfc7d1d6d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 master password reset black screen