Windows 10: Black screen after bios update

Discus and support Black screen after bios update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated the bios on my asus rog motherboard but when it hit 100% it restarted my pc but wouldnt display anything. I have tried resetting my cmos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yennet, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Yennet Win User

Black screen after bios update

I updated the bios on my asus rog motherboard but when it hit 100% it restarted my pc but wouldnt display anything. I have tried resetting my cmos which did not work. Computer turns on just fine but no display on my monitor. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Yennet, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Black screen after bios update

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after bios update

1. Black screen after bios update - Similar Threads - Black screen bios

2. Black screen after Bios update on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Bios update on laptop: Black screen after bios updateIm on an Hp Pavillion Gaming Laptop and tried to update my bios, after the update process my screen went completely black and I can’t see anything on my external monitor. I have integrated graphics but they are turned off because it causes issues...
  3. Black screen after Bios update on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after Bios update on laptop: Black screen after bios updateIm on an Hp Pavillion Gaming Laptop and tried to update my bios, after the update process my screen went completely black and I can’t see anything on my external monitor. I have integrated graphics but they are turned off because it causes issues...
  4. Black screen after Bios update on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after a BIOS update: I updated BIOS on my old asus fx505dy. Update was completed and the computer restarted, but now its stuck on the black screen after the asus logo. I can get into BIOS again and have restored default settings or whatever. CMOS reset didn't work. Can someone help me out here? I...
  6. Black screen after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after a BIOS update: I updated BIOS on my old asus fx505dy. Update was completed and the computer restarted, but now its stuck on the black screen after the asus logo. I can get into BIOS again and have restored default settings or whatever. CMOS reset didn't work. Can someone help me out here? I...
  7. Black screen after bios update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after bios update: On my lenovo ideapad 520 laptop, i received a request notification for BIOS update.. Before starting update, as mentioned there, I stopped all othe applications and hit start update. The laptop then went for restarting and after restart opened a bios mode. There I received...
  8. Black Screen after Bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after Bios: So I am doing a bios update, and I went away from my computer, I came back and the screen was black, no text, just black, I can't get to the login window at all, and the power button does not respond when held, is there a fix for this?...
  9. Black screen after bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after bios: So for the last 3 days, when I power on my PC, it goes black screen after the loading animation. The cursor won't appear and the KB doesn't work either( I tried pressing capslock and the keyboard-led won't turn on). It never goes into the log screen and stays in a black...
  10. Black screen after failed BIOS update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after failed BIOS update: Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard and graphics so after trying many possible fixes, I then tried to update the BIOS from within Windows 10. I used the .exe file from: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...n-545s/drivers and before it finished updating there...