Windows 10: Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec

Discus and support Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating windows version 2004, I get Black screen for a while after booting. And i reverted that update to 1909 but m still getting that black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YashSahu0047, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec

After updating windows version 2004, I get Black screen for a while after booting. And i reverted that update to 1909 but m still getting that black screen. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue,thanx.

:)

YashSahu0047, Jul 26, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec

Screen stays black after opening lid

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the device with black screen once you wake up the system. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to boot the device to desktop with black screen from sleep mode?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers on your computer.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa
    on August 7, 2015 and check if it helps you to resolve the issue.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

If you are not able to boot the device to lock screen refer to: Blank or black screen before sign-in

If you are able to access/ boot the device to lock screen and then black screen issue occurs refer to:

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned accordingly.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec

1. Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec - Similar Threads - Black screen boot

2. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  3. Screen Blackout 5 sec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Blackout 5 sec: Device: Lenovo Laptop Legion 7When plugging in my laptop power adapter the screen blackout for 5 seconds then it will turn back again. May I know if there is some configuration or need to setup the settings?...
  4. Black screen for a sec

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen for a sec: every once in awhile i get this flick back black screen i trudeau manta virus i do on the instructions everybody says by does but it does not fix pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-for-a-sec/2285baa4-4730-43a5-91a5-3cb15e3f07a4
  5. Black Screen For 5 Minutes after the after the booting and then showing windows lock screen...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen For 5 Minutes after the after the booting and then showing windows lock screen...: Whenever I switch on my laptop after shutting it down then after booting up or after the HP logo I get a black screen for at least 5 to 7 minutes and then only my lock screen appears or the sign-in screen appears This thing happens whenever I restart my laptop or when I...
  6. Devices need 5 sec after boot to get mounted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Devices need 5 sec after boot to get mounted: I have a weird issue over here:When I boot my computer I can Press F2 to get into UEFI and all my devices are lighting up. But afterwards, when it comes to the Windows boot with the progress circle icon all my devices (mouse, keyboard, usb audio interface) are dead until 5...
  7. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  8. Black screen while after boot on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen while after boot on windows 10.: I had a computer that came with windows 10 1703 and during the setup it told me to get the latest update for windows 10 and then the update was complete. Soon it blue screened and after a blue screen of death occurred, it restarted and it was on a black screen. I powered it...
  9. Random black screen for a couple secs.

Random black screen for a couple secs.: I have been having this problem since like Jan this year. What happens: At times when I open up something like Vegas Pro or a game like Minecraft, it would start up like normal, but then my Windows 10 screen would go black for a couple seconds. When the screen comes back,...
  10. Black window monitor restarting every 5 sec

Black window monitor restarting every 5 sec: Hello everyone, i got a really bad problem, so after last update i cant play/use my pc because after i log in on my desktop aprears a applicstion like cmd and i cant do nothing, all commands are dead.. I can use only ctrl shift esc for task manager but that is useless because...