Windows 10: Black screen after boot, no lock screen

Discus and support Black screen after boot, no lock screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just updated my pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I've been having some problems. Most of them were no big deal and a restart fixed them. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PicklesDominic, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Black screen after boot, no lock screen

I just updated my pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I've been having some problems. Most of them were no big deal and a restart fixed them. However, now I can't loginto my pc. I just get a black screen. I tried safe mode, but I just got an error on the screen

:)

PicklesDominic, Sep 15, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Screen stays black after opening lid

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the device with black screen once you wake up the system. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to boot the device to desktop with black screen from sleep mode?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers on your computer.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa
    on August 7, 2015 and check if it helps you to resolve the issue.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

If you are not able to boot the device to lock screen refer to: Blank or black screen before sign-in

If you are able to access/ boot the device to lock screen and then black screen issue occurs refer to:

Black screen after sign-in and you can see a mouse cursor

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned accordingly.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Black screen after boot, no lock screen

Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after boot, no lock screen

1. Black screen after boot, no lock screen - Similar Threads - Black screen boot

2. Black screen, no boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, no boot: Dear readers. I need help with my pc win 10 64bit. The problem is with the boot. Basically it does not boot at all. The keyboard lamp won't turn on, so it is not usable also. The screen is black, nothing is shown. The mouse is the same, not visible. I tried to hear, if the...
  3. Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen: So one day i opened my pc and i get greeted with my passcode i open it then it turns black. I turn off my pc and turned it on this time it was black with a cursor. I waited then it turned normal again and if i try to press anything it turns black. Help???...
  4. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on boot: When I try to boot up my pc, it goes straight to a black screen, no display whatsoever. I've tried restarting it 3 times in a row. The closest I've got was mashing F12 which gave me a few beeps then nothing. What else can I do?...
  5. Black screen after cold boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after cold boot: After a cold boot I get a black screen with no mouse pointer. The computer powers up and the monitor comes on but the manufacturer's logo doesn't show and nothing else appears. After repeatedly powering off (holding power button down) and retrying 5 or 6 times it eventually...
  6. EDIT: Black screen after boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDIT: Black screen after boot: *cry Recently, I tried to modify the file under C:\Windows\SystemResources\Windows.UI.Logon\Windows.UI.Logon.pri. I failed and the file got deleted, resulting in a bricked Windows 10 instalation. Now to fix that, I need a copy of this file. Could anyone upload the file?...
  7. Black screen after each boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after each boot: I installed Windows 10 yesterday but had to return back to Win 7 because the driver problems crashed the whole system. Basically what happened was that I was stuck at black screen after every boot and got back only when going to sleep-mode through power button and back. I...
  8. Black screen at booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen at booting: I have a Samsung laptop. I had Windows 10 for about 2 weeks and everything was fine until last week. When I press the power button, the Windows 10 icon appears with the loading icon. After that, I'm getting a black screen for about 3 minutes then my login screen appears and...
  9. Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from the taskbar on my desktop. The upgrade was successful and I was able to use my computer normally. Today, when I started my computer, a disk check was started. After a long time of being stuck at 10%, I force booted the computer off. Now,...
  10. Black screen boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen boot: Went to restart my computer and when I did and rebooted it it went to a loading screen with the circle balls going around. It then goes to another loading the same thing. Then it goes to a black screen where I can move the mouse. I tried using the space and ctrl tricks to...