Windows 10: Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

Discus and support Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; now, my computer is pretty f*cked up, i can't boot into the system it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing , safe and recovery mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bottomtextboy, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

now, my computer is pretty f*cked up, i can't boot into the system it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing , safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either.
    I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading animation before going screen black, then i tried booting from USB using UEFI; it shows me the HP logo with the loading animation, and it stays like that

:)

bottomtextboy, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Aug 1, 2020
  3. theseeg Win User
    HELP PLEASE!!!! Trouble installing windows from USB on ASUS P9X79

lol yeah ive done that ive got it to boot off the usb the problem is after that read the message im getting at the win 7 install screen

theseeg, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

1. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media - Similar Threads - Black screen booting

2. Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep booting into USB installation media after installation: Hi. I downloaded a windows 10 media installation using USB. I followed the installation instructions but it boots back to the media installation page again and again after installing it. Please help. I need to work on the laptop. Your replies will be appreciated. Thanks in...
  3. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10: I got a problem when trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The screen went black after I selected to boot from USB. My motherboard is EVGA X299 FTW-K. In the beginning I tried to change BIOS boot priority and left only UEFI USB enabled. After that it stuck with...
  4. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10: I got a problem when trying to do a clean install of Windows 10. The screen went black after I selected to boot from USB. My motherboard is EVGA X299 FTW-K. In the beginning I tried to change BIOS boot priority and left only UEFI USB enabled. After that it stuck with...
  5. Black screen when booting from USB to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Black Screen from usb boot

Black Screen from usb boot: I have been trying to boot from usb to upgrade windows 10. The screen shows a blinking cursor , then the windows logo and restarts, it even crashes completely sometimes , and I couldn't get to install no updates through the media creation tool directly , and unfortunately I...
  7. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty fucked up, i can't boot into the system ( it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing ), safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  8. Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer

Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer: I have tried to reinstall windows on my laptop because it is running slow. But when I try to boot from the USB that the media creation tool made, nothing happens. The DELL logo wheel spins around for awhile and then the screen goes black and nothing happens ever that....
  9. Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB: Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other...
  10. Black screen with cursor after automatic repair or booting from usb

Black screen with cursor after automatic repair or booting from usb: Hello I was booting from usb drive in order to repair my pc .. but the pc accidently turned off while restoring system point. Then i try to turned it on, after automatic repair the black screen comes with cursor .. also try booting from usb nothing comes just a screen with...