Windows 10: Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

Discus and support Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by der168, Oct 22, 2019.

1. der168 Win User

Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other than the bios and boot menu which takes ages to even boot into, it takes at least 15-20 mins just to boot into both menus. This happened when my laptop turned off during a factory reset due to power outage. Now i am unable to flash windows, access the auto recovery screen, and my os.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, i already tried disabling and enabling secure boot and using Legacy and UEFI, nothing worked. I have the usb hdd put as the 1st priority and still nothing happens.

I have acer aspire 5 laptop

running windows 10

:)

der168, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 22, 2019
  3. theseeg Win User
    HELP PLEASE!!!! Trouble installing windows from USB on ASUS P9X79

lol yeah ive done that ive got it to boot off the usb the problem is after that read the message im getting at the win 7 install screen

theseeg, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

BSOD "Unmountable boot volume" and can't boot to the bootable USB

note: this is a content copy from my post in other forum site.

So I receive an update for "Windows 10 Creators" before doing the update I decided to create a recovery disc to a USB but only to find out I can't create one with error "Missing important files" so I
    googled and found a thread that suggest a steps... one of the step is to supply a command (in administrator level) a "reagentc /disable" this freezed my laptop and then windows crashes and restart. During the restart just after the Asus loading logo the BSOD
    with "unmountable boot volume" error code occurred I tried many restarts but same error being display.

With the "unmountable boot volume" error, I googled and found that I have to use a bootable USB to fix it (I don't have installation CD when I bought the laptop). I grabbed other laptop (with windows 10
    installed) and create a windows 10 bootable in USB. Go back to my damaged laptop I changed the boot sequence to boot in my USB but after the Asus loading logo the screen goes black and stuck there the installation which usually popups didn't displayed. I tried
    on the other laptop where I created the bootable USB to check if the USB is damaged but to my surprise the bootable USB actually works on the other laptop no black screen displayed.

I created the Windows 10 bootable USB using Rufus, then when the black screen is being displayed I tried to create again with the Windows Media Creation Tool which also display black screen.

At this point I'm not sure what to do to fix this... any idea is appreciated...

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup / PC.

Rain.bason, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

1. Black Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB - Similar Threads - Black Screen booting

2. Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.: Hello there. As the title says, I can't boot into my Windows 10 21H1 bootable usb drive with UEFI mode. I have created usbs with several methods such as Media Creation Tool, Rufus, manual etc; tried with FAT32 and NTFS, and they all had the same problem: whenever I selected...
  3. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty f*cked up, i can't boot into the system it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing , safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  4. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty fucked up, i can't boot into the system ( it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing ), safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  5. Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer

Black Screen after Booting From Windows USB installer: I have tried to reinstall windows on my laptop because it is running slow. But when I try to boot from the USB that the media creation tool made, nothing happens. The DELL logo wheel spins around for awhile and then the screen goes black and nothing happens ever that....
  6. Blank Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB: Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other...
  7. Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen

Windows 10 USB Installation Boot Black Screen: I was installing Windows on a friends pc because he had too many viruses on it, after seeing that he had 6 partitions I combined and formatted them into one. After this I began installing it via a usb that I booted off of, after rebooting it was a black screen. We made sure...
  8. Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor

Windows 10 Usb install booting black screen with no cursor: So heres what happened, I desired to move from windows to linux mint, i really liked it, games ran just as good with the new Valve Proton Engine, but then i desired to use my other ssd to make my computer run both windows and linux mint, I have done this before on my dell...
  9. Black screen after windows 10 Logo (Installation/Bootable USB)

Black screen after windows 10 Logo (Installation/Bootable USB): So i was planning to reformat my old pc & install new os/clean install but when i tried to boot with the bootable usb drive, it just gives me blackscreen after the blue windows logo. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried waiting for 20minutes but nothing happen at all, just...
  10. Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable)

Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable): I was planning to reformat my old pc so i downloaded windows 10 & created bootable USB. But when i tried to boot the usb drive, it just gives me blackscreen after the blue windows logo. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried waiting for 20minutes but nothing happen at all,...