Windows 10: Black screen after booting up PC

Discus and support Black screen after booting up PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Had a game open on afk, went to check on it and my PC froze. I restarted and then it did an update and then it all went downhill. After booting up it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by j.maiquez, Dec 15, 2020.

1. j.maiquez Win User

Black screen after booting up PC

Had a game open on afk, went to check on it and my PC froze. I restarted and then it did an update and then it all went downhill. After booting up it goes straight into a black screen were I can still move the cursor but nothing else. Then after a couple minutes, it takes me to the login screen. Once it’s done my PC starts with a black background were I can only see the taskbar and my cursor; Apps show open on the taskbar but the screen stays black. The only thing that opens is opening up the windows start menu. After a while it goes back to normal for a few seconds and the screen starts flickering and everything goes slowmo until it just goes back to black. Ctrl+Alt+Del doesn’t do anything, neither does the taskbar. I have reinstall the Display Driver and it didnt help. Keep in mind I just booted this PC today after it being on storage for 6 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

j.maiquez, Dec 15, 2020

2. Black screen with no spinning dots when booting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC as it is stuck at black screen.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Refer the section I see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC to safe mode and check. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 15, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 15, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Black screen after booting up PC - Similar Threads - Black screen booting

2. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after boot up: i have really big problem please help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHello, Microsoft. I have a big question to ask you. You see, I own a Toshiba A665 laptop from 2010 running Windows 10, and it works really well, until just now. I was trying to open the Google Chrome browser, but it just...
  3. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after boot up: i have really big problem please help aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHello, Microsoft. I have a big question to ask you. You see, I own a Toshiba A665 laptop from 2010 running Windows 10, and it works really well, until just now. I was trying to open the Google Chrome browser, but it just...
  4. Black screen after boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  6. black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black screen after booting up: my PC black screen after booting up, when i boot up my pc it takes about 40-50 second till my monitor is turn on and show some signal, after that the monitor just turn on and stuck on black screen, i have no visual on mouse cursor, and my keyboard didn't work too... i tried...
  7. Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after booting up pc to an update: I am going to say now my windows is not activated. I tried running explorer.exe and ending the task but the black screen was still there. I tried rolling back my displaying adapter and unstalling it, did nothing. I havent installed any third party malware protection. I cant...
  8. PC boots up into a black screen with cursor

PC boots up into a black screen with cursor: I recently began having problems booting up. The pc starts up on a black screen where nothing works except win+p. I also got another error saying that the boot partition is missing. Is there a way of fixing this without losing any data?...
  9. Windows black screen after booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows black screen after booting up: I'm using windows in mac book pro by dual boot and haven't encountered any error since 2 yrs . Yesterday night it said update and shutdown , so i did and went to bed . And today when i tried to switch on my mac , windows booted up and it shows blank screen and i don't know...
  10. After boot up black screen show

After boot up black screen show: Hello Recently i uninstall avast antivirus from my leptop, After uninstalling process complete the next time i turn on my leptop i notice the blank black screen show for few second after show hp logo for this reason my leptop take long time to boot up i want know...