Windows 10: Black screen after closing a game.

Discus and support Black screen after closing a game. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I dont know if this is a common occurrence, but anytime I close my game I get a black screen momentarily where I cant do anything. After like 3 seconds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ekim725, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Ekim725 Win User

Black screen after closing a game.

I dont know if this is a common occurrence, but anytime I close my game I get a black screen momentarily where I cant do anything. After like 3 seconds the screen comes back on but im wondering if there is a problem or this is normal. I have windows 10 Home. Does anyone have a solution to this.

:)

Ekim725, Sep 16, 2020

2. Black Screen Closing Game

I've been playing the fps Warface (downloaded via Steam), after the latest cumulative update (KB3081438) whenever I close out the game it crashes to a black screen forcing a restart. I can play all day without issue until I close it. This has been an issue running Nvidia drivers 355.60, 353.62, 353.30 and Win 8.1 drivers 347.88 & 344.75. I haven't played or installed any other games since installing Win 10, so I don't know if it's an issue with all/other games or just Warface. Anyone have similar issues and/or a solution?

fracking4oil, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Black screen after closing a game.

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after closing a game.

1. Black screen after closing a game. - Similar Threads - Black screen closing

2. Black screen/pc freeze after closing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen/pc freeze after closing a game: Hello,I have been having this nasty problem for a while now and I'm having a difficult time finding any fix. Whenever I close a game, mere minutes after it I either get a black screen followed by no signal, or my pc freezes up entirely followed by the sound getting stuck. In...
  3. Black screen/pc freeze after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen/pc freeze after closing a game: Hello,I have been having this nasty problem for a while now and I'm having a difficult time finding any fix. Whenever I close a game, mere minutes after it I either get a black screen followed by no signal, or my pc freezes up entirely followed by the sound getting stuck. In...
  4. Black screen/pc freeze after closing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop screen is black after closing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen is black after closing it: Every time I close my laptop without putting it to sleep first, or if it is left alone for too long either way, the screen is black but the light and fan are on. I then have to restart it for it to work again. I have a brand new SGIN laptop on windows 11. I first noticed this...
  6. Laptop screen is black after closing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen is black after closing it: Every time I close my laptop without putting it to sleep first, or if it is left alone for too long either way, the screen is black but the light and fan are on. I then have to restart it for it to work again. I have a brand new SGIN laptop on windows 11. I first noticed this...
  7. Black screen after launching games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after launching games: Hey my PC is black screening and restarting every so often and when i get into games it gets worse any ideas? please help I tried: Reseating GPU and RAM Some errors after restarts: - BlueScreen Code: 116 - LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X...
  8. Black screen after exiting games then recovers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after exiting games then recovers: Hi All, Started having the following issue yesterday, every time i would quit out of a game both of my monitors would go blank stay like it for a minute or so then recover I uninstalled my GPU drivers with DDU but issue was still on-going i have since reinstalled a fresh...
  9. Black Screen Closing Game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen Closing Game: I've been playing the fps Warface (downloaded via Steam), after the latest cumulative update (KB3081438) whenever I close out the game it crashes to a black screen forcing a restart. I can play all day without issue until I close it. This has been an issue running Nvidia...
  10. Black screen after exiting games

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after exiting games: Hi all, Ever since I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition update a few weeks ago, I've been having a weird display issue. Every time I finishing playing a game, upon exiting back to Windows my desktop is completely black. After some trial and error I've found...