Windows 10: Black Screen after December 2020 Windows 10 feature update

Discus and support Black Screen after December 2020 Windows 10 feature update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After waiting hours for the latest Windows 10 Feature Update, on restart of my laptop, I am greeted with a permanent black screen. This has happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeonH5, Dec 23, 2020.

1. LeonH5 Win User

Black Screen after December 2020 Windows 10 feature update

After waiting hours for the latest Windows 10 Feature Update, on restart of my laptop, I am greeted with a permanent black screen. This has happened twice now within 2 weeks. I am forced to hold the power button to turn the laptop off. On booting up again, it reverts the changes made. I then have to install it again, but I am afraid to do so given the problem I'm having. Any ways I can stop this from occurring? my Nvidia graphics driver is up to date.

:)

LeonH5, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Black Screen after December 2020 Windows 10 feature update

Marivel Man, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen after December 2020 Windows 10 feature update

1. Black Screen after December 2020 Windows 10 feature update - Similar Threads - Black Screen December

2. Windows 10 slow after December 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 slow after December 2020 update: I updated my laptop a few days ago to December 2020 update and now the system has become super slow and laggy. My laptop never lagged before. The same issue was faced by numerous other people who I know have downloaded the same update! 32GB RAM i7 10th gen - lags after I...
  3. Windows 10 December 2020 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 December 2020 updates: What’s new and improved: As part of the Patch Tuesday release cycle, Microsoft has published Windows 10 December 2020 update for all supported versions of the operating system. As per the release chart, Windows 10 version 20H2, version 2004, version 1909, and version 1903 are receiving new updates...
  4. Cumulative Updates - December 2020

Cumulative Updates - December 2020: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on December 8th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build 19041.685 and 19042.685 Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1909 - KB4592449, Build 18362.1256and...
  5. Microsoft December 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft December 2020 Security Updates: December 2020 Security Updates The December security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) Microsoft Edge for Android ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps...
  6. Microsoft December 2020 Security Updates

Microsoft December 2020 Security Updates: December 2020 Security Updates The December security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge for Android ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps...
  7. Cumulative updates - December 2020

Cumulative updates - December 2020: Reminder: There has been an issue with the in place upgrade in Windows 10 20h2. Users could only select keep nothing. Microsoft found out about the bug last month and the fixed for the bug is out with KB4586853. There will be no preview updates for this month. 1. Windows 10...
  8. Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update

Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update: I left my laptop overnight to install the rather large latest windows 10 update. This morning it appeared to be on a permanent frozen black screen. 6 hours later, it remained this way. Without powering down and then being without the update, how can I resolve this issue?...
  9. Black screen after March 2020 update

Black screen after March 2020 update: My computer was beinf sluggish, tthen i noticed there was an uodate waiting, so I did an "update & restart". After restart, it asked me to sign up fir Microsoft settings as though I was a new customer and offered a spot to put in a Windows Key, or "skip for now". This is a...
  10. Windows 10 after December updates

Windows 10 after December updates: Dear Microsoft Since installing the 8/12/18 updates I experienced my system to be unstable thinking it has a virus but wasn’t the case as I run security online scanners as Windows defender did not run as well as desktop applications in which I had to be an administrator to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update december 2020 black screen