Windows 10: Black screen after deleting files from WindowsApps

Discus and support Black screen after deleting files from WindowsApps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Black screen after deleting files from WindowsApps I received "System Restore error 0x80070091" after a system restore failed to comlete. Many on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DougieHY, Feb 21, 2021.

1. DougieHY Win User

Black screen after deleting files from WindowsApps

I received "System Restore error 0x80070091" after a system restore failed to comlete. Many on the internet suggested the same workaround - to rename or delete the WindowsApps folder. But I couldn't get the permisson to rename or delete the folder so I deleted the files in the folder instead. Then I tried to boot and try the restore point again but now I get a black screen at boot, with the cursor with the spinning circle as if the PC were doing some thinking.

To solve this “black screen” problem I've tried two approaches.

1 Force the computer to boot into Automatic Repair by turning it on and off with the power button 3 times. Then try to restart in Safe Mode by selecting Troubleshoot > Advance Options > Startup settings > Restart. Once in Safe Mode, I would be able to recover the deleted files from the recycle bin. But unfortunately, the restart failed.

2 Use a Windows10 installation USB flash drive to boot up my PC and try to run the startup repair that comes with it. This time I get the following message:

“It looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with the upgrade, remove the media from you PC and click YES. If you want to perform a clean install instead, click NO.

I guess it says that an "upgrade" process is going on with my PC, so I can't boot from the install USB unless I want to perform a clean install.

Are there any other ways I can try to resolve this problem? Thank you very much for your suggestions!

:)

DougieHY, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 21, 2021
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Black screen after deleting files from WindowsApps

WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Black screen after deleting files from WindowsApps - Similar Threads - Black screen deleting

2. Black screen after deleting iconcache.db.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after deleting iconcache.db.: Help! I deleted iconcahce.db, then restarted my computer, and now, it's just a black screen. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-deleting-iconcachedb/2a408a0e-38a7-4944-96ba-948c1059265e
  3. Black screen after deleting iconcache.db.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after deleting iconcache.db.: Help! I deleted iconcahce.db, then restarted my computer, and now, it's just a black screen. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-deleting-iconcachedb/2a408a0e-38a7-4944-96ba-948c1059265e
  4. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  5. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  6. how do l delete a corrupt file from windowsapp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do l delete a corrupt file from windowsapp: Hi guys. My computer started showing the blue screen which is being caused from my external drive. The problem started 3 days ago when my grandson try to update a game on gamepass for pc. I have worked out that l have a corrupt file in windowsapp folder which says Users...
  7. Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder: Hey guys, I need to delete certain files in the WindowsApps folder. Ive changed permissions to be able to modify/delete the actual WindowsApps Folder (I want to delete certain files in the WindowsApp folder not the actual folder itself) through permissions but even though I...
  8. WindowsApps deleted

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps deleted: i delete windowsapps folder and now i can not open windows store and xbox beta app how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsapps-deleted/4f52921e-556e-4d3d-8b43-db2aa099a7d5
  9. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...
  10. Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder: Hey, I was just cleaning up my C: drive when I came across the windowsapps folder (i am using TreeSize) it showed that the windowsapps folder nearly took 12 gb of my C drive and the biggest file is some random game called dungeon hunter (1.86 gb) i have never played this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapps delete black screen

2. windowsapps deleted black access