Windows 10: Black screen after downloading

Discus and support Black screen after downloading in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not tech savvy, but I downloaded windows 10 on my laptop today and now I have a black screen. I have shut down my laptop and restarted it and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kf6rih, Jan 14, 2016.

1. kf6rih Win User

Black screen after downloading

I'm not tech savvy, but I downloaded windows 10 on my laptop today and now I have a black screen. I have shut down my laptop and restarted it and the windows emblem comes up then goes to black screen again. My hubby's mad about this and I need to know how to fix this problem. Please help!!!

:)

kf6rih, Jan 14, 2016

2. Black Screen after downloading Windows 10

Hi John,

I am sorry to know that you are getting a black screen error.

Restart the computer and check. Also, check for Windows updates.

Try to run the following commands and check if it helps.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Then try to uninstall and re-install the display and chipset drivers.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager.

• Then find the driver that you are trying to uninstall and right-click on it to
      Uninstall.

• Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.

• To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Black Screen after downloading Windows 10

Hello, I'm on a desktop and I am having a problem with the black screen that seems to be common with a lot of other people. Though I can't find anyone that's having the specific problem I am having. I was able to download Windows 10 easily enough, and
    log on. I am also able to get on the internet and look things up and also make this post. The problem comes up when I try to get onto an online game like WoW, but I get a black screen instead. I still hear the intro sound and music when I get on the game,
    but everything is black. I've tried ctrl + alt + delete, but that does nothing for me, I can't even see my cursor, and I have to resort to turning the computer off through the power button, then turning it back on. I've tried it on my other games, and it seems
    this doesn't happen for my non-internet games. This all only started after I downloaded Windows 10, so I'm hoping I can have someone help me fix this. Sorry in advance if I waste anyone's time.

John_Mize_716, Jan 14, 2016
  4. Black screen after downloading

Black Screen during installation Please read:

Boot from the Windows 10 DVD
    How to download official Windows 10 ISO files
    a) At the Install Now screen
    b) Click Repair your computer
    c) Click Advanced Options
    d) Click Troubleshoot
    e) Click Startup repair
    f) Follow the on screen instructions
    See if this helps
    or
    Boot from the Windows 10 DVD
    a) At the Install Now screen
    b) Click Repair your computer
    c) Click Advanced Options
    d) Click Safe Mode
    If you get an error message saying that ‘installation cannot be completed in safe mode’, then press Shift+F10 key. That will open
    Command Prompt, from command prompt open Device Manager by typing devmgmt.msc in the command prompt and then disable the display adapters and check if you are able to boot in normal mode.
    If this allows you to boot to the normal mode and complete the installation process then go ahead and first update the display adapter
    drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the computer works fine. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...2-b1201f735683

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

Black screen after downloading

1. Black screen after downloading - Similar Threads - Black screen downloading

2. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after screen: My windows does not show anything after I login to windows.I can open task manager and use most of the apps by using the RUN option. Even I am typing this massage on my computer. The only app I can't run is the Microsoft explorer. I tried many methods watching youtube videos....
  3. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after screen: My windows does not show anything after I login to windows.I can open task manager and use most of the apps by using the RUN option. Even I am typing this massage on my computer. The only app I can't run is the Microsoft explorer. I tried many methods watching youtube videos....
  4. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Downloads come up with Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads come up with Black Screen: Updated to windows 11 I have a black screen only when I open my downloaded grapics or PNG, SVG files. I do not have a black screen on start up. How do I fix? I...
  6. Downloads come up with Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads come up with Black Screen: Updated to windows 11 I have a black screen only when I open my downloaded grapics or PNG, SVG files. I do not have a black screen on start up. How do I fix? I...
  7. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  8. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  9. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after lock screen: Turn on computer and the lock screen appears random photos with trivia. Any mouse click brings up a black screen with the mouse pointer, nothing else displayed. The mouse pointer moves with the mouse, but the login screen never appears. Tried ctrl-alt-del and...
  10. I downloaded office and after wards: black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I downloaded office and after wards: black screen: I downloaded office and after wards my screen turned black,,any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen/83ab5b1a-bb76-4139-90a1-2e5cd6c7b8d5