Windows 10: Black screen after driver update

Discus and support Black screen after driver update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo think pad t460 and after doing a driver update my laptop is stuck in black screen with a none blinckin underscore. I have test to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hello4637138616, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Black screen after driver update

I have a Lenovo think pad t460 and after doing a driver update my laptop is stuck in black screen with a none blinckin underscore. I have test to reinstal windows with a usb key but it did not work. Please help to find a solution.

:)

Hello4637138616, Apr 9, 2022

2. Black Screen During Driver Update Black screen after driver update :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Apr 9, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Black screen after driver update

Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist
    you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?

• Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer
    the article on Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Disable device.

4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Black screen after driver update

1. Black screen after driver update - Similar Threads - Black screen driver

2. Black screen on power on after updating of driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on power on after updating of driver: My screen not visible after driver updation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-power-on-after-updating-of-driver/40e5f891-cd94-44d6-95d0-a3612cd4f518
  3. Black screen on power on after updating of driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on power on after updating of driver: My screen not visible after driver updation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-power-on-after-updating-of-driver/40e5f891-cd94-44d6-95d0-a3612cd4f518
  4. Black screen on power on after updating of driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on power on after updating of driver: I installed new graphic drivers for this but it doesn't helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-power-on-after-updating-of-driver/842b1be9-1cfb-471c-a6e6-17cb0856f80e
  5. Black screen on power on after updating of driver

Black screen on power on after updating of driver: I installed new graphic drivers for this but it doesn't helped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-power-on-after-updating-of-driver/842b1be9-1cfb-471c-a6e6-17cb0856f80e
  6. Black screen on power on after updating of driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on power on after updating of driver: I'm using ROG STRIX G 15 2021 model with nvidia 3050 4gb graphics. After a driver update from next morning when I tried to boot up laptop it showing black screen .when i tried of driver reset short cut keys windows+Ctrl+shift+B after some time it will open. But I have do it...
  7. Black screen on power on after updating of driver

Black screen on power on after updating of driver: I'm using ROG STRIX G 15 2021 model with nvidia 3050 4gb graphics. After a driver update from next morning when I tried to boot up laptop it showing black screen .when i tried of driver reset short cut keys windows+Ctrl+shift+B after some time it will open. But I have do it...
  8. Black screen after driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after driver update: I have a Lenovo think pad t460 and after doing a driver update my laptop is stuck in black screen with a none blinckin underscore. I have test to reinstal windows with a usb key but it did not work. Please help to find a solution....
  9. Black screen after driver update

Black screen after driver update: I have a Lenovo think pad t460 and after doing a driver update my laptop is stuck in black screen with a none blinckin underscore. I have test to reinstal windows with a usb key but it did not work. Please help to find a solution....
  10. BLack screen after installing driver updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLack screen after installing driver updates.: hello to begin with, I did not know I should not install driver updates. They were there so I assumed I was supposed to install them. There were nine. After it took three hours to install two and reject three I pressed stop. It said I would need to restart my notebook...