Windows 10: black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...

Discus and support black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday, I changed my 2nd monitor to "duplicate display" with my laptop screen. Then I made the mistake of using the advanced option to not allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CA_218, Dec 1, 2023.

1. CA_218 Win User

black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...

Yesterday, I changed my 2nd monitor to "duplicate display" with my laptop screen. Then I made the mistake of using the advanced option to not allow Windows to access "this display" or something like that thinking that would shut down my laptop display and keep the external monitor on. However, both monitors went black. I can open Safe Mode, and can open CMD as admnistrator. But I don't know what to do next. I have tried sfc /verifyonly and got a return message "Windows Resource Protection found integrity violations." sfc /scannow ran but returned the message "Windows Resource Protection c

:)

CA_218, Dec 1, 2023

2. Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector

Yes, I can extend separate screens to both external monitors, and still keep the desktop on my laptop screen.

However, I cannot duplicate the display on the two external monitors.

KenSleeman, Dec 1, 2023
  3. duplicating laptop and external monitor screen

Thank you for the response

I tried this.

Does not work

I can see display on either the lap top or the external monitor; however, when I try duplicate, only shows on laptop. The external monitor goes to sleep

Appreciate any feedback

CQ Associates, Dec 1, 2023
  4. LemP Win User

black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...

connection problems External Monitor for laptop

If you're trying to use a wired external monitor is it connected to the laptop's HDMI output connector or the mini DisplayPort connector?

If you're using a wired external monitor and don't see any output, right-click on an empty spot on the Desktop and select Screen Resolution -> Detect

In addition, you may need to press the F7 key and select the mode in which the display will function. There are 4 modes:

• Disconnect (or Computer only): display only on the laptop's screen
    • Duplicate: the same display on the laptop's screen and the external monitor
    • Extend: extends the output so that you can drag things from one screen to the other
    • Projector only (or Second Screen Only): displays only on the external monitor

Or are you trying to use wireless (Wi-Di or Miracast)?

LemP, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

1. black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced... - Similar Threads - black screen duplicated

2. black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...: Yesterday, I changed my 2nd monitor to "duplicate display" with my laptop screen. Then I made the mistake of using the advanced option to not allow Windows to access "this display" or something like that thinking that would shut down my laptop display and keep the external...
  3. black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen after duplicated displays laptop and external monitor and changed advanced...: Yesterday, I changed my 2nd monitor to "duplicate display" with my laptop screen. Then I made the mistake of using the advanced option to not allow Windows to access "this display" or something like that thinking that would shut down my laptop display and keep the external...
  4. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  5. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  6. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New external monitor for laptop: "Duplicate display" looks normal, but "extended display"...: New monitor is a Samsung UJ59, connected to a Lenovo using the HDMI port. Laptop has two graphics cards: built-in Intel 530, and an Nvidia Quadro m1000m. Extended Display was working fine for a while until I tried to change the resolution-- that's when the colors went bad. I...
  8. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  9. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  10. Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 changing display resolution after temporarily duplicating to external monitor: Hello everybody, I've made my update from 1803 to 1809 yesterday and since then, I have a strange behavoir of my display settings. I have 3 displays, 2 on my desk (display 1 and 3) and a TV (display 2). Everytime I want to watch TV, I'm doing this by duplicating display 3...