Windows 10: Black screen after failed BIOS update

Discus and support Black screen after failed BIOS update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard and graphics so after trying many possible fixes, I then tried to update the BIOS from within Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Beatdrumm, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Beatdrumm Win User

Black screen after failed BIOS update

Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard and graphics so after trying many possible fixes, I then tried to update the BIOS from within Windows 10. I used the .exe file from: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...n-545s/drivers and before it finished updating there was a window showing that there had been an error.

I restarted and now I only get a beep every five seconds or so and Windows doesn't load. All I see is a black screen and the keyboard doesn't respond.

I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you.

:)

Beatdrumm, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Black screen after failed BIOS update

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after failed BIOS update

1. Black screen after failed BIOS update - Similar Threads - Black screen failed

2. bios update failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bios update failed: So I stupidly tried to update the BIOS as recommended by the HP support software I was counting on hard reset if it fail However it got stuck on a black screen with blue box saying 'Flashing Boot Block - 89%' after flashing boot block finish. my laptop screen only appears...
  3. Black screen on HP Pavilion Notebook after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on HP Pavilion Notebook after BIOS Update: Hi All, I started facing this issue after I tried to update BIOS after HP Support Assistant's recommendation. Since morning I am getting a black screen after I switch my notebook on. I tried to perform a BIOS recovery by pressing Window + B and letting it do its thing....
  4. Blue screen after bios update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen after bios update: After an BIOS update 3 days ago, the screen turns to blue as soon as i login to windows and then restarts. Do i have to unistall the bios update during safemode? If yes how do i do it? Do you know any other solution?...
  5. Lenovo z710, Help black screen, after Bios changes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lenovo z710, Help black screen, after Bios changes: Hi I have a Lenovo z710 I upgraded my Bios with a modded bios, to unlock futures After several normal boots, to see it's working good I entered yesterday, Bios, and only enabled,, overclocking and 3-4 other disabled futures After, i tried to boot, I listened a big noise from...
  6. Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update: Our HP Pavilion x360 laptop computer went completely black after a BIOS update related to the HP Battery Recall Program. The update came through the HP Assistant software that came installed on the computer. The date of the update was shown as January 16, 2019. After...
  7. Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update: We have an HP pavilion x360 laptop which has the HP Assistant software installed. Through the HP Assistant software, we got an HP BIOS update related to HP's Battery Recall program. After updating to that BIOS, the computer would not boot. We waited for hours, but it...
  8. Windows 10 Black Screen After Bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen After Bios: Hello, I am struggling to get Windows 10 to work after my BIOS screen, all I see is a black screen. It has been working the previous week but no longer works. The only thing I have done lately is plug in a HDMI 2.0b cable into my TV. I have removed that now but the...
  9. Screen black after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen black after update: So I updated my laptop last night and after the update was finished, it booted up and I logged in and after a couple of minutes my screen went completely black and it doesn't come on. I held down the power button to turn it off and booted up again and still nothing. The...
  10. my computer has a black screen after i updated my bios

in Windows 10 Support
    my computer has a black screen after i updated my bios: I've been trying to deal with the black screen issue for the last 2 days with no success. I don't have a 2nd monitor to try and resolve the "phantom screen" issue if it is in fact sending a signal to a non-existent monitor. I don't have a way to reset to the previous OS....