Windows 10: Black screen after failed graphics driver installation

Discus and support Black screen after failed graphics driver installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Black screen with no cursor or video totally unable to type anything or see if windows has even booted, happened just after my graphics drivers failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Neil _791, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Neil _791 Win User

Black screen after failed graphics driver installation

Black screen with no cursor or video totally unable to type anything or see if windows has even booted, happened just after my graphics drivers failed for some reason and i tried to remove and reinstall but now no longer shows ASUS logo on boot and won't let me enter safe mode. Please help as I have tried everything including a bootable USB.

:)

Neil _791, Sep 12, 2022
  2. choppah4 Win User

No Beeps, Black Screen following failed Graphics Card Install

System:
    Intel E8600
    2x2gb Corsair 1333
    Xonar D2 audio card
    [1st video] Asus 4870 pci-e
    [2nd video] Sapphire 7000 pci

After flashing my 4870 (the only card installed at first) with the wrong bios, I was unable to get the computer to boot up. Although the lights on the MB turned on and the CPU fan spun, I was not able to get the computer to show anything other than a black screen.

To flash the graphics card back to its original BIOS, I installed a second graphics card in the first pci slot (and removed the 4870 so that I could configure the bios correctly). The computer booted and loaded the express gate screen. I ignored a warning that suggested Express Gate was not installed fully (an issue that I had not encountered before) and loaded up Windows (XP pro). The OS loaded, started to install the new set of graphics drivers and then the screen went black again.

Since this point, the motherboard lights are still green, but I hear no beeps (although I had disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS previously) and I the screen is black. I’ve tried a number of times to reset the cmos (removed battery, changed jumper positions, started with only one stick fo the RAM), but to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions for approaches to try and get the item jumpstarted?

choppah4, Sep 12, 2022
  3. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated.

All other drivers are installed and updated.

Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the keyboard is still lit.

Whenever i restarted the laptop, after the windows loading screen, the screen goes back to black. The solution is to enter safe mode and uninstall the HD Graphics 630 driver, therefore
    using the Microsoft Basic Video Adapter.

However, with this basic driver, the laptop performance drops in applications that require graphics processing, making it impractical to use in such situations.

I tried these possible solutions:

• I tried to install several versions of the driver, which were available on the dell website itself or on the intel website, and all of them had a black screen during the installation.
    • I disabled Windows Update because it was Installing the driver automatically and the screen was turning black after a few minutes, so it doesn't work too.
    • I have also completely uninstalled the nvidia and intel drivers using DDU and tried to install hd graphics 630 drivers, but the black screen still persists.
    • Tried to update using the device manager. Same thing, screen still turns black.
    • I also tried to use an external monitor to see if there was video, the issue persists.
    • I already contacted dell and intell support, noboby seems to have a solution.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567
    Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    Bios version 1.10.0
    Intel HD Graphics 630
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ

ThiagoBarbosa9, Sep 12, 2022
  4. Black screen after failed graphics driver installation

Black screen on Edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Is the complete screen black?

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the screen shot of the black screen.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

Redirecting

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 12, 2022
Thema:

Black screen after failed graphics driver installation

1. Black screen after failed graphics driver installation - Similar Threads - Black screen failed

2. Screen Blacked out after failed display driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Blacked out after failed display driver installation: Hi,I was updating my display drivers in the clean install mode i.e. Older drivers are deleted and afterwards newer ones are installed, when my pc powered off because of the electricity failure. WHen I restarted it, the Asus logo, however, did appear and the beep of windows...
  3. Screen Blacked out after failed display driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Blacked out after failed display driver installation: Hi,I was updating my display drivers in the clean install mode i.e. Older drivers are deleted and afterwards newer ones are installed, when my pc powered off because of the electricity failure. WHen I restarted it, the Asus logo, however, did appear and the beep of windows...
  4. Black screen after installing Graphics driver [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Black screen after installing Graphics driver [Fixed]: [IMG]If after you update or install graphics drivers on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, and afterward you started experiencing black screen issues including your computer crashing or being stuck in the Black Screen of Death screen, then you’re at the right place for...
  5. Black screen after failed graphics driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after failed graphics driver installation: Black screen with no cursor or video totally unable to type anything or see if windows has even booted, happened just after my graphics drivers failed for some reason and i tried to remove and reinstall but now no longer shows ASUS logo on boot and won't let me enter safe...
  6. Black screen after failed graphics driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after failed graphics driver installation: Black screen with no cursor or video totally unable to type anything or see if windows has even booted, happened just after my graphics drivers failed for some reason and i tried to remove and reinstall but now no longer shows ASUS logo on boot and won't let me enter safe...
  7. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver: The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated. All other drivers are installed and updated. Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the...
  8. Black screen after installing driver

Black screen after installing driver: Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting...
  9. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver: There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from there that I found the...
  10. (SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    (SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update: Greetings, everyone. I've been experiencing framerate problems with my PC so I decided to downgrade by graphics drivers(Nvidia) to 359.06, while installing my monitor suddenly bluescreened. I'm not talking about a BSOD by the way, my system is hooked up to a TV and my TV...