Windows 10: Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update

Discus and support Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Hope all is well. I have a Black Screen on my ASUS laptop after forced shutdown during windows 10 update. Please advise. Thank you. J.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JuliaOksenkrug, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update

Hello,

Hope all is well.

I have a Black Screen on my ASUS laptop after forced shutdown during windows 10 update.

Please advise.

Thank you.

J.

:)

JuliaOksenkrug, Sep 24, 2020

2. Start up issue and going into black screen while updating Windows 10.

Hi Mullins,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in display settings or display adapter is corrupt.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you check the power supply to the computer?
    • Have you tried to perform force shutdown of the computer and restarting it?

If you are in process of updating Windows 10 updates and getting black screen. Then I suggest you to wait for some for Windows 10 to get

I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about black screen issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 24, 2020
  3. BLACK SCREEN ON STARTUP AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE

Thank you for the prompt reply. BTW its a Toshiba L500D. Yes I've tried forced shutdown repeatedly. I've tried a remote monitor (it gets "put to sleep, too"), I made an Installation Media DVD on another Laptop and tried that to no avail. I've tried Control-Shift
    Esc; Ctrl-Alt-Del; F1, F2, F12. I've connected a known good HDD to a USB port. I've removed the HDD and substituted a known good HDD. I removed and re-fitted the RAM chips as suggested by Microsoft. All the while doing hard resets. Nothing gets any response
    from the Black Screen condition. I cannot apply any of the fixes suggested such as I've been able to find in hours of searching because I cannot get anything but Black Screen. the Power light is on, the HDD runs up, the DVD drive runs up and just Black screen.

GregKeenan, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update

BLACK SCREEN ON STARTUP AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE

Hi Greg,

It seem the Acer laptop you have is still stuck on a black screen when you power it on. To resolve this concern, kindly answer the following questions;

• Have you tried to do a force shutdown of your laptop? You would usually need to press the power button for about 10 seconds to do this.
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Update us on the results, we look forward to your response.

Jordan Dom, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update

1. Black screen after forced shutdown during windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Black screen forced

2. Shutdown during update on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown during update on windows 10: My laptop accidentally shutdown by itself due to an electrical problem, even though my laptop is being updated like this picture. What will happen ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-during-update-on-windows-10/22fdba57-2433-41f5-b995-c44069db321e
  3. Shutdown during update on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown during update on windows 10: My laptop accidentally shutdown by itself due to an electrical problem, even though my laptop is being updated like this picture. What will happen ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-during-update-on-windows-10/22fdba57-2433-41f5-b995-c44069db321e
  4. Shutdown during update on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezes during boot after a normal restart or shutdown. After a forced shutdown it...: I'm very sure this issue is hardware related as it only happens on two of my systems with very similar Supermicro motherboards, X9DAE and X9DRi-LN+. Linux always boots without problems....
  6. Forced update then black screen after

Forced update then black screen after: Hi everyone. I need help on my tablet. I was using it normally the other day when a a sudden pop up told me that i need to restart my computer, i declined and continued my work. After several minutes without any notification at all, my computer just restarted on its own and...
  7. Black screen during the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during the update: I had been getting notifications to update my windows 10 for quite some time, and i finally got the time so i started updating, and during the update windows restarted itself, but then all i got was black screen. I waited 1-2 hours but nothing happened so i searched online to...
  8. Black & blue screens after Windows 10 forced updates

Black & blue screens after Windows 10 forced updates: Press Shift & Restart gets you into safe mode but whatever you do afterwards gets endless spinning black screen. Also can't do clean reinstall as it just ends up in spinning black screen. There's still graphics as images of intel users pop up. Tried everything... Media...
  9. Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6...: Whilst attempted to move files from a device to the computer via USB, I realised they were the wrong ones so aborted the process. This then caused the computer to be come unresponsive and when using CTR ALT DEL to kill all programs it became unresponsive. I forced shut down...
  10. Black screen flickering after forced windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen flickering after forced windows update: This is ridiculous, right when i hopped on my laptop, it was finalizing at 100% a regular update, about 15 minutes later the damn thing booted me the startup menu forcing another update, as i waited well over 10 mins i said f** it and powered off my laptop, now every time i...