Windows 10: Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update

Discus and support Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Our HP Pavilion x360 laptop computer went completely black after a BIOS update related to the HP Battery Recall Program. The update came through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Need some help with..., Feb 16, 2019.

1. Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update

Our HP Pavilion x360 laptop computer went completely black after a BIOS update related to the HP Battery Recall Program. The update came through the HP Assistant software that came installed on the computer. The date of the update was shown as January 16, 2019.

After trying all the HP fixes listed on their support site, absolutely nothing worked...no key combination, no rolling back the BIOS, no attempting to install from a USB, etc. Our computer was "bricked" as they say.

We later found out that our battery was not even part of the recall, and should not have been sent the BIOS update, but it was too late. We were told it was a "landmark" case. Not sure what that means, but...…????

Does anyone have any information, or way, or any thoughts on a way to get our computer back up and running?

Any input/advice/ideas etc. are seriously appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

PS: We have also posted a question related to this in "license and activation" category if anyone has any more info for that.

Thank you in advance!!!!!!

:)

Need some help with..., Feb 16, 2019

2. Microsoft January 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes
    January 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: January 08, 2019

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Adobe Flash Player
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Framework
    • ASP.NET
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Visual Studio
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing January feature update 16.21 (19011500) for Office for Mac

Source: Announcing January feature update for Office for Mac Version - Microsoft Community

Brink, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update

January 2019 updates for Microsoft Office

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...crosoft-office

Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update [​IMG]
    Tip Latest Office Updates for Windows

Brink, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update

1. Black screen after HP January 16, 2019 BIOS update - Similar Threads - Black screen January

2. Black screen after Bios update on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Bios update on laptop: Black screen after bios updateIm on an Hp Pavillion Gaming Laptop and tried to update my bios, after the update process my screen went completely black and I can’t see anything on my external monitor. I have integrated graphics but they are turned off because it causes issues...
  3. Black screen after Bios update on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after Bios update on laptop: Black screen after bios updateIm on an Hp Pavillion Gaming Laptop and tried to update my bios, after the update process my screen went completely black and I can’t see anything on my external monitor. I have integrated graphics but they are turned off because it causes issues...
  4. Black screen after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after a BIOS update: I updated BIOS on my old asus fx505dy. Update was completed and the computer restarted, but now its stuck on the black screen after the asus logo. I can get into BIOS again and have restored default settings or whatever. CMOS reset didn't work. Can someone help me out here? I...
  5. Black screen after a BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after a BIOS update: I updated BIOS on my old asus fx505dy. Update was completed and the computer restarted, but now its stuck on the black screen after the asus logo. I can get into BIOS again and have restored default settings or whatever. CMOS reset didn't work. Can someone help me out here? I...
  6. Black screen after bios update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after bios update: On my lenovo ideapad 520 laptop, i received a request notification for BIOS update.. Before starting update, as mentioned there, I stopped all othe applications and hit start update. The laptop then went for restarting and after restart opened a bios mode. There I received...
  7. Black screen after bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after bios update: I updated the bios on my asus rog motherboard but when it hit 100% it restarted my pc but wouldnt display anything. I have tried resetting my cmos which did not work. Computer turns on just fine but no display on my monitor. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly...
  8. Black screen after failed BIOS update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after failed BIOS update: Hello, I was having some issues with my keyboard and graphics so after trying many possible fixes, I then tried to update the BIOS from within Windows 10. I used the .exe file from: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us...n-545s/drivers and before it finished updating there...
  9. Black screen on HP Pavilion Notebook after BIOS Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on HP Pavilion Notebook after BIOS Update: Hi All, I started facing this issue after I tried to update BIOS after HP Support Assistant's recommendation. Since morning I am getting a black screen after I switch my notebook on. I tried to perform a BIOS recovery by pressing Window + B and letting it do its thing....
  10. Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after unnecessary HP BIOS update: We have an HP pavilion x360 laptop which has the HP Assistant software installed. Through the HP Assistant software, we got an HP BIOS update related to HP's Battery Recall program. After updating to that BIOS, the computer would not boot. We waited for hours, but it...