Windows 10: Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer

Discus and support Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I need help. I lost everything on the screen. Only the browser I am using is open and visible. The whole screen behind is black. I cannot find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 1230rides, Oct 24, 2021.

1. 1230rides Win User

Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer

Hello. I need help. I lost everything on the screen. Only the browser I am using is open and visible. The whole screen behind is black. I cannot find the Task Bar or any of the start menu and the icons. It started with the Windows Explorer always opening on it's own. I tried to find solutions for it online and I found one that said I have to open the Task Manager and locate the Windows Explorer. It said that I should right click on the Windows Explorer and click on "End Task." That's when everything disappeared. What will I do to restore everything back on screen? Please help.

:)

1230rides, Oct 24, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

Windows update has continually corrupted Explorer.exe, which leads to a black screen after rebooting, and no apps running.

Hi,

There are several factors why you get the said error and the black screen of death. and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this concern?
    For the meantime, we suggest that you reset Windows Explorer on your computer. You can follow the steps provided below:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and locate for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on the Windows Explorer and click on End task.
    • On top of the Task Manager click on File and click on Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe inside the box and hit Enter.

AndreePin, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Zekesemma Win User
    End tasked Windows Explorer

In Windows 10 from task manager, I hit end task for Windows Explorer. My desktop is gone, Alt +4 doesn't being up shut down function. One suggestion was to click on new task in task manager, but I can't find new task. Help please. Thank you

Zekesemma, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer

Accidently clicked for Windows Explorer End Task in Task Manager, now Blue Screen.

Opened Task Manager in Windows 10 and noticed that Windows Explorer status was not responsive. So clicked End Task. Now, blue screen; however, can access Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and states Microsoft Edge is 'suspended'.

How to undo what was done?

Thank you!

MACummings3, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer

1. Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Black screen clicked

2. I clicked end task on desktop window manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I clicked end task on desktop window manager: I was ending tasks that ate up my memory but I accidentally ended task on desktop window manager. My screen is black and I can't open anything except task manager.DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS??? plus help asap...
  3. I clicked end task on desktop window manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I clicked end task on desktop window manager: I was ending tasks that ate up my memory but I accidentally ended task on desktop window manager. My screen is black and I can't open anything except task manager.DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS??? plus help asap...
  4. I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task...: HelloI have a laptop.I was in task manager and I mistakenly ended task windows explorer. Then I went to task manager and run new task typing explorer.exe. But still my screen is black is not working.What should I do??...
  5. Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer: Hello. I need help. I lost everything on the screen. Only the browser I am using is open and visible. The whole screen behind is black. I cannot find the Task Bar or any of the start menu and the icons. It started with the Windows Explorer always opening on it's own. I tried...
  6. Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after I clicked on "END TASK" for Windows Explorer: Hello. I need help. I lost everything on the screen. Only the browser I am using is open and visible. The whole screen behind is black. I cannot find the Task Bar or any of the start menu and the icons. It started with the Windows Explorer always opening on it's own. I tried...
  7. Ended task Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ended task Windows explorer: I was trying to help with my cpu problems by ending any extra running stuff. I ended up ending windows explorer and I thought turning the PC off and on would fix it. Now all I get is a blue screen saying "recovery""Your pc/device needs to be repaired"....
  8. File explorer end task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer end task: Hey so i was making a new folder on my file explorer to backup my phone photos because i was gonna factory reset it, but as an unexperienced person like me i end tasked file explorer and my screen became red because i put my theme to red and i opened task manager through ctrl...
  9. Accidently clicked for Windows Explorer End Task in Task Manager, now Blue Screen.

Accidently clicked for Windows Explorer End Task in Task Manager, now Blue Screen.: Opened Task Manager in Windows 10 and noticed that Windows Explorer status was not responsive. So clicked End Task. Now, blue screen; however, can access Task Manager Ctrl-Alt-Del and states Microsoft Edge is 'suspended'. How to undo what was done? Thank you!...
  10. End tasked Windows Explorer

End tasked Windows Explorer: In Windows 10 from task manager, I hit end task for Windows Explorer. My desktop is gone, Alt +4 doesn't being up shut down function. One suggestion was to click on new task in task manager, but I can't find new task. Help please. Thank you...