Windows 10: black screen after idle

Discus and support black screen after idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx 64bit with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-855OU CPU @ 1.80GHZ 1.99 processor. This was purchased in Nov, 2017. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jkhcast, Mar 15, 2019.

1. jkhcast Win User

black screen after idle

i have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx 64bit with an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-855OU CPU @ 1.80GHZ 1.99 processor. This was purchased in Nov, 2017. i noticed i started to have a hard time 'waking' my laptop up in the mornings as time went by. I decided to customize the power theme, by removing it from ever 'sleeping' Power: No hibernate, No sleep, turn screen OFF after 30 minutes. STILL COULD NOT WAKE IN THE AM. So i changed the power theme again: Power: No hibernate, No sleep, Turn screen off NEVER. STILL COULD NOT WAKE IN THE AM. So i changed it again. Power: No hibernate, Sleep after 1 hour, Turn screen off NEVER. STILL CANNOT WAKE IN THE AM. The only way i can 'wake' my computer in any of these scenarios is by using the Power button and shutting it down. Since i have apps running when this happens, i know i have seriously screwed up some programs. I know there was a device driver issue in 2015 with the Intel graphics that was causing a similar problem, but since it has been 4 years, i am HOPING that this was resolved and my version of the driver Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 version 24.20.100.6025 is not the problem. At this point i can only set the power to never hibernate, never sleep, never turn off the display, and run a screen saver. From what i have noticed, this is the only way to keep from seeing a black screen in the AM. This is a serious problem and i do not know what to do. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a solution that a NON IT person can fix without professional help.

FYI this laptop had windows 10 installed when i purchased, however, the backup portion of my settings has a section that says:

"LOOKING FOR AN OLDER BACKUP? If you created a backup using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore tool, it still works in Windows 10. Go to Backup and restore (windows 7)" Does this mean that this laptop was manufactured with windows 7 and the store where purchased, installed Windows 10 prior to my purchase? Or is this just the name of the backup tool?

:)

jkhcast, Mar 15, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen after idle

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

black screen after idle

1. black screen after idle - Similar Threads - black screen idle

2. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after screen: My windows does not show anything after I login to windows.I can open task manager and use most of the apps by using the RUN option. Even I am typing this massage on my computer. The only app I can't run is the Microsoft explorer. I tried many methods watching youtube videos....
  3. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after screen: My windows does not show anything after I login to windows.I can open task manager and use most of the apps by using the RUN option. Even I am typing this massage on my computer. The only app I can't run is the Microsoft explorer. I tried many methods watching youtube videos....
  4. Black Screen after screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  6. Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after being idle for a few minutes: When i leave my laptop idle for some time the screen goes black as if it was turned off, the fans still make sound along with the keyboard backlight still working, pressing power button turns off the computer without saving any tasks that were previously running. This is...
  7. Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random freeze and / or blacks screen when idle: Hi. I have an issue where my laptop would randomly freeze and / or the screen will go black and the entire system would be unresponsive. This happens randomly and I can't find what causes it. The system would freeze when I'm watching YouTube, or gaming or when I leave the...
  8. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....
  9. Windows 10 black screening after being left idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 black screening after being left idle: I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but whenever my PC is left idle for more than 8 or so hours, it will randomly black screen with no cursor. CTRL ALT DEL does nothing, CTRL Shift ESC does nothing and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my computer. It...
  10. Random black screen with no cursor when GPU is idle.

in Windows 10 Support
    Random black screen with no cursor when GPU is idle.: Hi all, I've recently built a new PC and I keep getting a random black screen with no cursor in Windows 10. It seems to be happening on just the desktop with nothing or a few windows open. It has never happened while playing a game but can happen after just 30 seconds of...