Windows 10: Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode

Discus and support Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly so please let me know, but I was recommended to this site for help with my windows 10 update. I've contacted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Purelyenvy, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode

Hi! I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly so please let me know, but I was recommended to this site for help with my windows 10 update. I've contacted Microsoft twice now, but they weren't able to help either time.

Basically when my computer is off and I turn it on, I see the dell logo, then the Windows logo and then it will go black. I don't see the cursor, but I do hear the startup noise.

Then I can press the power button quickly and put my laptop into sleep (maybe hibernate?) mode. Pressing the power button again wakes the laptop up and then the screen works fine.

Also, if the black screen is showing, and I plug my laptop into my tv with an hdmi cable, I can see everything fine on the tv.

Does anyone else have this issue? It's driving me nuts trying to figure out how to fix it. ):

:)

Purelyenvy, Nov 27, 2015
  2. phil307 Win User

coming out of sleep mode get black screen and computer shuts down

Coming out of sleep mode desktop computer has black screen and shuts down after a couple minutes. Rolled back display driver and the same thing happens. Checked power options.

phil307, Nov 27, 2015
  3. phil307 Win User
    coming out of sleep mode get black screen and computer shuts down

I have all drivers updated. Removed McAfee Antivirus because it slowed the computer to a crawl. It's a desktop. I am wondering if MCAfee messed up the registry, but then I have seen recent Microsoft updates recently?

phil307, Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode

1. Black screen after initial startup but fine coming out of sleep mode - Similar Threads - Black screen initial

2. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  3. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  4. Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen problem when pc tries to come out of sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  5. Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode

Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  6. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  7. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  8. screen flashes out of range on Startup and coming out of sleep mote.

screen flashes out of range on Startup and coming out of sleep mote.: We just bought a new HP Pavilion with Microsoft Windows 10. Initially, the screen would flash and out of range message when the computer was coming out of sleep mode, but now, it is flashing the out of range message on Startup. Not sure how we can fix anything if the monitor...
  9. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  10. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...