Windows 10: Black Screen after Install the 'Critical Update', Windows 10 Pro 10240

Discus and support Black Screen after Install the 'Critical Update', Windows 10 Pro 10240 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night my pc work 100%, I Installed telegram for windows and in the midnight the download of the Critical Update was installed in my Desktop, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Revod, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Revod Win User

Black Screen after Install the 'Critical Update', Windows 10 Pro 10240

Last night my pc work 100%, I Installed telegram for windows and in the midnight the download of the Critical Update was installed in my Desktop, I restart my computer and when turned on after the bios I get a Black Screen, isn't my fist time: see my old post on reddit about the black screen:

Problem with a 'Black Windows' in Windows 10 Pro

I lost again everything that I installed because I recovery the system via a image backup. I'm sick of that black screen and lost every time my installed software's and documents, the problem appear after of install "Telegram" (I don't know) and when Windows download and installed in my system the Critical Update...

Thanks in advance

:)

Revod, Jul 20, 2015
  2. ¥DK¥ Win User

Start/Context/Right/left-Click / Any Windows 10 style pop-up Menus don't work

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10240.

I rolled back to a restore point called "critical update" , which I guess was the restore point created during the update.

It said it was unsuccessful after the process ended, but after I logged in another messaged said it was successful, and indeed it was.

Cheers

¥DK¥, Jul 20, 2015
  3. After install of critical updates windows 10 will not complete startup... hangs with spinning dots,,, screen flickers

Machine... HP Compaq 8200 Elite, Core i7-2600 cpu @ 3.4 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64b.

The upgrade to Windows 10 went smoothly but on the first sign-in, it installed some critical updates and then rebooted. From that point on windows will not completely startup. The blue windows screen comes up with the spinning dots... after a while the
    screen turns black with spinning dots. That continues indefinitely, but one of the 2 screens starts to blink periodically. The only way to stop it is to reboot. I can boot into safe mode with out any problems....

I had hoped to be able disable critical updates and then set a restore point after the upgrade completed and then install a few updates at a time to isolate the problem... But I see no way to manually control the updates... Any thoughts....

MikeFauber, Jul 20, 2015
  4. katrinal Win User

Turn off and turn on the computer again. Go to F12 Boot Menu, boot Windows 10 and click "Repair your computer" instead of "Install now". Because you already installed Windows 10 before the screen blacked out, you don't have to do it again. Just click "Continue" and continue with your set up.

This is how I did it...! Hope you find it helpful.

katrinal, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Black Screen after Install the 'Critical Update', Windows 10 Pro 10240 - Similar Threads - Black Screen Install

2. Black screen after updating to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after updating to windows 11 pro: Hello,After updating to windows 11 Pro, I only see a black screen after logging in. I have tried starting the 'windows recovery environment' where under advanced options I see:Start-up repairCommand promptUninstall updatesUEFI Firmware settingsSystem restoreSystem image...
  3. Black screen after updating to windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after updating to windows 11 pro: Hello,After updating to windows 11 Pro, I only see a black screen after logging in. I have tried starting the 'windows recovery environment' where under advanced options I see:Start-up repairCommand promptUninstall updatesUEFI Firmware settingsSystem restoreSystem image...
  4. Black Screen After Installing Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen After Installing Update: After installing an update, there is nothing but a black screen. The black screen appears after the BIOS logo, Windows logo, and sign-in screen. The Ctrl-Alt-Del screen also does not come up when using the shortcut, nor does task manager, run, etc. I have had this issue...
  5. Windows 10 Pro - black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro - black screen after login: Hi All, So I have a strange problem. Specs: HP 15s-fq1514na windows 10 pro 1909 When I login to the laptop all is fine, when I lock my laptop pressing "win + L" the screen goes black. When I remove the external monitor the laptop screen is flickering and when I...
  6. Windows Black Screen After Interrupted Critical Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Black Screen After Interrupted Critical Update: Hello, so I have a black screen after the most recent critical update. I have already tried the commands: Bootrec /rebuildBCD Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot When I attempt the /fixboot I get a response of "access is denied" and when I tried: Chkdsk /f I get a...
  7. Windows 10 pro 10240

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro 10240: My Windows 10 pro 10240 still suffering being active. Can someone help me with the product key please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-10240/95e71c69-1fd6-4727-a513-c6ed67c5383f"
  8. 10240 + Black Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    10240 + Black Screen: This morning I turned on my HP All In One and the screen stays black. I had 10220 loaded but I don't know what happened until I went to this forum on my other system and discovered 10240 was released. If this is the cause what do I do??????????????????????? Thanks 8604
  9. Black screen after windows 10 install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after windows 10 install.: My laptop Acer Aspire 5750-6831 worked perfectly for about two years with windows 7 64 bit, and after migrating to Windows 10, now presents the following problem: Only the blue LED of utility power and the fan turn on. Nothing else works even keyboard or mouse - the screen...
  10. Windows 10 10240 Install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 10240 Install.: Hello there, I compiled an ISO from an ESD on my laptop to create an ISO for my desktop to do an "in-place" upgrade to 10 from a legitimate copy (The machine I am using came with 8) of Windows 8.1. However, my 10 says it is not activated. Is there something I need to do or...