Windows 10: Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

Discus and support Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit] in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am still using Windows 7 Pro [32-Bit] and I am looking for a way to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 so I can use it on the long term due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kmirkovski, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

Hello everyone, I am still using Windows 7 Pro [32-Bit] and I am looking for a way to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 so I can use it on the long term due to the End of Windows 7's Support. I created an Installation Media using the Windows Media Creation Tool that can be found on the official Microsoft Website, I used a Kingston Data Traveler 32GB USB to set it on. It automatically discovered that the best option for my PC will be Windows 10 Home [32-Bit] so I went along with it and the USB got ready. After re-boot I do the standard procedure re-installation process, on my screen I can see a Windo

:)

Kmirkovski, Jan 17, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. racer23 Win User
    64-Bit system will only install 32-bit Windows 10. BlackScreen

I recently had Windows 10 64-bit installed. Suddenly after a restart the only thing I could see after POST was a black screen. I was planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 x64 anyway.

1. Downloaded the x64 ISO and copied everything to a USB external drive.
    2. Set boot options in the BIOS to boot only from the external drive. Still same black backlit screen
    3. Push F8 at POST - continue to get black screen

Determined that I must be doing something wrong I bought a 16gb flash drive.

1. DOwnload MediaCreationTool.exe
    2. Create BOTH 32 & 64 bit install
    3. Boot to USB - Shows both options to install
    4. Select 64-bit - DIsplays loading bar at the bottom, light flashing on USB, once status bar finishes screen goes dark, No blue windows logo, NOTHING.
    5. Restart
    6. F11
    7. Install 32-Bit Version.. This works.

In the bios my i5-4690k chip is recognized and 64-bit is listed as supported.
    In Windows the System Info shows 64-bit system with the 32-bit OS installed.

Things I have done:
    Reset CMOS
    Format SSD to GTP (or what ever that is)
    Reset BIOS to Default
    Will not also that Safe mode start-up from POST is unresponsive.

Memtestx86 results show no errors

Specs:
    ASRock Z97 Pro4
    i5-4690k
    EVGA 600w
    16gb RAM
    MSI GTX970

tia
    Kris

racer23, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

Clean Install Windows 10  

John,

If you mean the black screen like the screenshot under step 4, then that will only be available if you boot from installation media that was created for both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Brink, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

1. Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit] - Similar Threads - Black Screen Installation

2. Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]: Hello everyone, I am still using Windows 7 Pro [32-Bit] and I am looking for a way to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 so I can use it on the long term due to the End of Windows 7's Support. I created an Installation Media using the Windows Media Creation Tool that can be found on...
  3. Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after Installation Media Boot [Windows 10 Home 32-bit]: Hello everyone, I am still using Windows 7 Pro [32-Bit] and I am looking for a way to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 so I can use it on the long term due to the End of Windows 7's Support. I created an Installation Media using the Windows Media Creation Tool that can be found on...
  4. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty f*cked up, i can't boot into the system it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing , safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  5. Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from USB Installation Media: now, my computer is pretty fucked up, i can't boot into the system ( it keeps showing that "Preparing Automatic Repair" thing ), safe and recovery mode don't seem to be working either. I tried booting from USB using legacy; It shows me the blue windows icon with the loading...
  6. Windows 10 installation of 32 bit mode on a 32 bit computer.

Windows 10 installation of 32 bit mode on a 32 bit computer.: I have a Windows 10 Home USB Stick that I am using to install the 32 bit version onto my old 32 bit Dell but when the installation completes it gives an error 0xc000035a - with a message 'Windows failed to start... This 64 bit application could'nt load because your PC...
  7. Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system

Install 32 bit Windows 10 Home on 64 bit system: Hi - I have several HVAC training videos that will only run on a 32 bit operating system. When I try to install them on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit it gives me an error message telling me that the program can't run on this PC. I have tried running them via Compatibility Moderun...
  8. 32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    32 bit to 64 bit Windows Home: I have a new 1TB Sata HDD. The old Sata HDD has my windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. Could I use the media creator tool and install Windows 10 Home 64 bit to new hard drive and would this detect the digital license on old hard drive? I know this sounds like it would be too...
  9. Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media

Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media: I found another topic on this, but it was locked. I need to reinstall Windows, and I downloaded and ran the Windows Media Creation Tool but it never asked me which edition. I've been told that Home and Pro install from the same media (which is possible I guess, but I'm...
  10. Windows 10 Home 32 bit

Windows 10 Home 32 bit: How can I re-install Windows 10 Home 32bit fron a USB drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-32-bit/6e50df7f-1e9a-4df1-b96d-d6ea3917c59e