Windows 10: BLack screen after installing driver updates.

Discus and support BLack screen after installing driver updates. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello to begin with, I did not know I should not install driver updates. They were there so I assumed I was supposed to install them. There were nine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jonirw, Jul 31, 2018.

1. jonirw Win User

BLack screen after installing driver updates.

hello

to begin with, I did not know I should not install driver updates. They were there so I assumed I was supposed to install them. There were nine. After it took three hours to install two and reject three I pressed stop. It said I would need to restart my notebook laptop. I chose the now option. Now it won't restart. Black screen with spinning black dots which I am told means it is finalizing the updates. But it just eventually goes away and never does anything. Left it on for six hours. Nothing.

I have shut down several times but always the same thing. Please help if you can. I am not real computer saavy.

Thank you

:)

jonirw, Jul 31, 2018

2. Black Screen During Driver Update BLack screen after installing driver updates. :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 31, 2018
  4. BLack screen after installing driver updates.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

BLack screen after installing driver updates.

1. BLack screen after installing driver updates. - Similar Threads - BLack screen installing

2. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  3. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing GPU drivers: Good day, it so happened that Windows crashed PC stopped starting in normal mode and could turn off at any time after repair, the problem was in the power supply , the contact was resoldered. After reinstalling Windows, I installed everything back, installed the GPU...
  4. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing GPU drivers: Good day, it so happened that Windows crashed PC stopped starting in normal mode and could turn off at any time after repair, the problem was in the power supply , the contact was resoldered. After reinstalling Windows, I installed everything back, installed the GPU...
  5. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  6. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  7. Black screen after driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after driver update: I have a Lenovo think pad t460 and after doing a driver update my laptop is stuck in black screen with a none blinckin underscore. I have test to reinstal windows with a usb key but it did not work. Please help to find a solution....
  8. Black screen after driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after driver update: I have a Lenovo think pad t460 and after doing a driver update my laptop is stuck in black screen with a none blinckin underscore. I have test to reinstal windows with a usb key but it did not work. Please help to find a solution....
  9. Black screen after driver update

10. Black screen after installing driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing driver: Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting...