Windows 10: Black screen after installing driver

Discus and support Black screen after installing driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sean Landrum, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Black screen after installing driver

Dear helpful people,

On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting after installing a video driver, as they do when shifting resolutions. So I left it two hours, and when I returned, it was the same. So I pressed the power button to initiate shut down, which went smoothly. Then restarted, which progressed passed POST, motherboard manufacturer's image loading screen, and then into the black void from whence it was moments before. Ok.

Through the last two days I have tested rigorously to discover a cause, and searched fruitlessly for a solution that would work for me.

The issue arrives the moment I install a display driver, regardless of if it is a display driver for my onboard graphics, or my gpu. It happens regardless if I use my motherboard's disk, drivers downloaded from manufactuerer websites, or through the windows update utility. It is an easily repeatable occurance.

My system specifications are as follows.

Windows 10 home edition
    MPB Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard
    Intel i9 9900k
    32gb Corsair Vengence ram
    Nvidia RTX 2080ti with custom water block
    2x WD Black 6tb 3.5" HDs
    2x Samsung 970 EVO V-NAND M.2 1TB SSDs
    Asus PB287Q 28" Monitor

So far I have tried:

Installing driver through DDU in safe mode
    Installing on m.2 SSD
    Installing on 3.5" HD
    Installing on HDs in RAID
    Windows key + P fix
    Installing graphics drivers from the internet, CD and Windows update utility
    Cable checks,
    Alternate Display Ports on both GPU and Motherboard

The system runs stably without installing a display driver. I am posting this message from chrome installed on it. But obviously, to use as a gaming rig, no display driver is kind of a killer.

Thank you for your time and advice in advance, I am struggling to understand what I can do.

:)

Sean Landrum, Jun 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Black screen after installing driver

black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after installing driver

1. Black screen after installing driver - Similar Threads - Black screen installing

2. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  3. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  4. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing GPU drivers: Good day, it so happened that Windows crashed PC stopped starting in normal mode and could turn off at any time after repair, the problem was in the power supply , the contact was resoldered. After reinstalling Windows, I installed everything back, installed the GPU...
  5. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing GPU drivers: Good day, it so happened that Windows crashed PC stopped starting in normal mode and could turn off at any time after repair, the problem was in the power supply , the contact was resoldered. After reinstalling Windows, I installed everything back, installed the GPU...
  6. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

7. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  8. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  9. Black screen after AMD driver install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after AMD driver install.: I recently did a clean Windows install on my old machine. I literally installed only Battlefield 4, Eset and Chrome. I noticed that Windows update also automatically installed AMD Radeon Drivers. After a few days i started seeing some glitches while playing BF4. One day the...
  10. BLack screen after installing driver updates.

BLack screen after installing driver updates.: hello to begin with, I did not know I should not install driver updates. They were there so I assumed I was supposed to install them. There were nine. After it took three hours to install two and reject three I pressed stop. It said I would need to restart my notebook...