Windows 10: Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

Discus and support Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated. All other drivers are installed and updated. Everything works normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThiagoBarbosa9, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated.

All other drivers are installed and updated.

Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the keyboard is still lit.

Whenever i restarted the laptop, after the windows loading screen, the screen goes back to black. The solution is to enter safe mode and uninstall the HD Graphics 630 driver, therefore using the Microsoft Basic Video Adapter.

However, with this basic driver, the laptop performance drops in applications that require graphics processing, making it impractical to use in such situations.

I tried these possible solutions:

• I tried to install several versions of the driver, which were available on the dell website itself or on the intel website, and all of them had a black screen during the installation.
    • I disabled Windows Update because it was Installing the driver automatically and the screen was turning black after a few minutes, so it doesn't work too.
    • I have also completely uninstalled the nvidia and intel drivers using DDU and tried to install hd graphics 630 drivers, but the black screen still persists.
    • Tried to update using the device manager. Same thing, screen still turns black.
    • I also tried to use an external monitor to see if there was video, the issue persists.
    • I already contacted dell and intell support, noboby seems to have a solution.

Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567
    Windows 10 Pro version 1903
    Bios version 1.10.0
    Intel HD Graphics 630
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ

:)

ThiagoBarbosa9, Sep 26, 2019

2. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from
    there that I found the problem with black screen upon installing intel hd graphics drivers. Apparently, installation always stopped due to the computer's power plan/policy. It happens that the intel graphics driver won't work with the default Balanced Power
    Plan, which seems to be the default when installing Windows 10 1803. Therefore, to correct the black screen, I entered into Safe Mode and reinstalled the problematic intel graphics driver, then went to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options.
    Under the Balanced (recommended) option, I selected Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings, then expanding the 'Intel (R) Graphics Settings > Intel (R) Graphics Power Plan', I set both On battery and Plugged in to "Maximum Performance". Then
    I restarted my computer and voila! It worked. No black screen again.

LemurLeison, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Black Screen after restarting computer (after installing intel HD 3000 graphics using teamviewer)

Hi Evan,

I realize that you get a black screen after restarting computer. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the PC?

• Does the issue reoccur if you remove the Intel HD 3000 graphics card?

Suggest you to follow all the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 26, 2019
  4. prelo Win User

Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

Intel HD Graphics Driver

If your Intel Graphics card is one of the following :

Intel HD Graphics 4200, 4400, 4600 cards (4th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 cards (4th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5300 cards (Intel Core M Processors)

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 (5th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5500, 6000 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 515, 520, 530 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Graphics 540, 550 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 (6th Generation)

try this, it works for many people:

1.- Download from this site the beta zip file (win64_154012.zip), and not the exe file:

Download Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

(for 32-bit download win32_154012.zip).

2.- Unzip the driver to C:\Windows\Temp folder.

3.- Right click on Start and choose Device Manager, Display adapters,
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

4.- Double click to open it (or right click and choose Properties).

5.- Click on the Driver tab and then on Update Driver.

6.- On the new tab click on Browse my computer for driver software.

7.- On the new tab click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

8.- On the new tab click on Have Disk.

9.- Click on Browse and then choose Windows\Temp\win64_154012\Graphics\igdlh64.inf
    (igdlh32.inf for 32-bit) and click on Open and then
    OK.

10..- On the new tab where Intel (R) HD Graphics Family is showing click on
    Next and let the driver to install.

11.- The new Driver Version is 20.19.15.4326 and is digitally signed.

Be aware to follow step by step all the procedure and do not try to use the wizard to update the driver directly, in many cases it won’t work.

prelo, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

1. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver - Similar Threads - Black screen installing

2. Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation: Upon installing Intel HD graphics driver 630any version, the display turns black during mid-installation. On black screen I had to force shutdown my laptop and upon restarting the screen stuck at acer logo screen post bios and remains there like forever.The only solution is...
  3. Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation: Upon installing Intel HD graphics driver 630any version, the display turns black during mid-installation. On black screen I had to force shutdown my laptop and upon restarting the screen stuck at acer logo screen post bios and remains there like forever.The only solution is...
  4. Intel HD Graphics 630 any version, the display black during mid-installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530: Hello, i recently reset my pc, but after all the driver install and specially the driver of iGPU the screen become black and never get, so i go in safe mode to see what was wrong and i uninstall the driver of my iGPU, whene i restart the laptop, the screen was back but on...
  6. screen goes black while installing or enabling intel hd graphics 630

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen goes black while installing or enabling intel hd graphics 630: Whenever i try to install the intel graphics driver 630, the screen goes black, and never comes handy again. I try to dorce shut down and restart, but it goes black again at the login page. So I had to use the safe mode and disable or uninstall the intel hd graphics 630 and...
  7. Intel Graphics 630 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Graphics 630 drivers: I have been running my computer with Intel Graphics 630 since I assembled it in January, 2019. In February I updated the driver to version 25.20.100.6577. I did not bother to do any more updates until 5 days ago, when Intel Update Advisor told me that there was an update...
  8. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver: There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from there that I found the...
  9. Windows reinstrall the previous intel HD 630 graphics driver

Windows reinstrall the previous intel HD 630 graphics driver: today I have installed latest the latest graphics driver for integrated intel HD 630 in my Dell XPS 15 9560. my updated version is 24.20.100.6194 . My processor is intel 7700HQ. But I have noticed that whenever I went to the Update and security option form setting option...
  10. Could Not Manually Install Intel Display Intel HD Graphics 630?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Could Not Manually Install Intel Display Intel HD Graphics 630?: Could Not Manually Install (Error Message) Intel Display Driver (Go to Lenovo?) Intel HD Graphics 630 So I went to Intel's website to look for the latest display driver for Thinkpad p51 Intel Graphics 630 and landed here:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 after manually installing nvidia 6200 drivers screen goes black and wont come back help

2. intel HD graphics 630 driver windows 10 black screen

3. installing intel 630 graphics driver BSOD

4. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver,
  5. windows 10 black screen intel hd graphics,
  6. black screen intel i7-7700hq with hd graphics 630