Windows 10: Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

Discus and support Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LemurLeison, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

There seems to be no clear answer about Intel HD Graphics driver causing trouble with screens. Having wandered throughout the internet, I realized no solution was working for me. Then I went back to my computer to study the installation logs. It is from there that I found the problem with black screen upon installing intel hd graphics drivers. Apparently, installation always stopped due to the computer's power plan/policy. It happens that the intel graphics driver won't work with the default Balanced Power Plan, which seems to be the default when installing Windows 10 1803. Therefore, to correct the black screen, I entered into Safe Mode and reinstalled the problematic intel graphics driver, then went to the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options. Under the Balanced (recommended) option, I selected Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings, then expanding the 'Intel (R) Graphics Settings > Intel (R) Graphics Power Plan', I set both On battery and Plugged in to "Maximum Performance". Then I restarted my computer and voila! It worked. No black screen again.

:)

LemurLeison, Aug 27, 2018
  2. prelo Win User

Intel HD Graphics Driver

If your Intel Graphics card is one of the following :

Intel HD Graphics 4200, 4400, 4600 cards (4th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 cards (4th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5300 cards (Intel Core M Processors)

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 (5th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 5500, 6000 (5th Generation)

Intel HD Graphics 515, 520, 530 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Graphics 540, 550 (6th Generation)

Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 (6th Generation)

try this, it works for many people:

1.- Download from this site the beta zip file (win64_154012.zip), and not the exe file:

Download Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

(for 32-bit download win32_154012.zip).

2.- Unzip the driver to C:\Windows\Temp folder.

3.- Right click on Start and choose Device Manager, Display adapters,
    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

4.- Double click to open it (or right click and choose Properties).

5.- Click on the Driver tab and then on Update Driver.

6.- On the new tab click on Browse my computer for driver software.

7.- On the new tab click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

8.- On the new tab click on Have Disk.

9.- Click on Browse and then choose Windows\Temp\win64_154012\Graphics\igdlh64.inf
    (igdlh32.inf for 32-bit) and click on Open and then
    OK.

10..- On the new tab where Intel (R) HD Graphics Family is showing click on
    Next and let the driver to install.

11.- The new Driver Version is 20.19.15.4326 and is digitally signed.

Be aware to follow step by step all the procedure and do not try to use the wizard to update the driver directly, in many cases it won’t work.

prelo, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 not working

Since you still did not provide your Intel driver version in device mgr. I can tell you that I have ASUS laptop that uses

Intel HD 4000 video adapter.

When I do clean install Windows 10 OS whether is public or preview build the initial video adapter is Microsoft HD adapter. If I am online after an about hour or so, Intel HD driver will install.

I am currently using that Intel Driver from initial install. But if I was to go device mgr-video adapter and click update driver another Intel HD driver will install.

So as far I know Microsoft has approved two Intel drivers to use with new Windows 10 OS. My original Windows OS was Windows 8 when I bought it.

Here are the two Intel drivers:

Clean install version:

Driver Version: 15.33.42.4358

(Driver # used at Intel Download site)

Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.4358
    (Driver # used in Device Mgr)

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3154

Update Version:

Driver Version: 15.33.43.4425

(Driver # used at Intel Download site)

Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.4425
    (Driver # used in Device Mgr)

Intel(R) Display Audio Driver: 6.16.0.3154

Both of these Intel HD 4000 drivers are available for download at Intel Product Support site:

Support for Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Jmarco0921, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

Intel HD Graphics Driver

Message says your display driver has crashed, but has recovered ( it hasn't). Below the message it says, Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 8(R).

Happens when playing Microsoft Pyramid Solitaire.

Any suggestions.

Jim1942lecanto, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver

1. Black Screen after Installing Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver - Similar Threads - Black Screen Installing

2. Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after downloaded driver for Intel hd graphics 530: Hello, i recently reset my pc, but after all the driver install and specially the driver of iGPU the screen become black and never get, so i go in safe mode to see what was wrong and i uninstall the driver of my iGPU, whene i restart the laptop, the screen was back but on...
  3. Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing Intel HD Graphics 630 driver: The screen turns black as soon as Intel HD Graphics 630 drivers are updated. All other drivers are installed and updated. Everything works normally until the driver is being installed. During the installation process the screen goes black. The cursor does not appear and the...
  4. Intel hd graphic driver

Intel hd graphic driver: my laptop is running a corei5 m460 cpu it came preinstalled with windows 7 so i upgraded to windows 10 but i faced a problem i tried looking for the graphic driver using the internet search function in device manger but it just says the best driver is allready installed (...
  5. Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen Caused by display driver Intel hd graphics: Hi I have upgraded from windows 7 to 10 in the last week and ever since I get a black screen before the login page. I have figured out a work around for this which is when I see the black screen I press the function button and f3 at the same time to put my laptop in...
  6. Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 error

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 error: how do I uninstall the update caused Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 error? can someone tell me the update number that caused the error so I can uninstall it please. KB??????? yes, I know it is an intel issue. just need the number to change it back, then how do I prevent it...
  7. Intel(R) Hd Graphics 2500 Not Updating

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel(R) Hd Graphics 2500 Not Updating: Hello, recently I noticed a problem after upgrading to windows 10. My graphics card doesn't seem to be updating, despite the update seemingly successfully installing (meaning that I don't get any errors, and the computer restarts), however, when I check on the driver manager...
  8. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Driver Never Updates

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Driver Never Updates: I get this error: Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 - Error 0x80070103 It's done this with the past three builds too (using 10074). Thanks for any help. 5896
  9. intel hd graphics driver

intel hd graphics driver: i am running intel i3 1st gen m330 2.13 GHz processor with in-built intel HD graphics (core i3). before upgrading to windows 10 whenever I used to play any pc games the display scaled to full screen but after upgrading to windows 10 play the games I want to play at low...
  10. Black Screen intel hd 300 graphics

Black Screen intel hd 300 graphics: Medion Akoya i3 laptop with Intel hd 300hd graphics. Four installs later after encountering a black screen from 30% install, I found that windows 10 is fully installing but display only outputting to hdmi port. I have no bios setting to change this and if i delete my intel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel hd 3000 driver windows 10 black screen

2. asus x455lj install intel hd graphics 5500 driver turns black screen fix

3. intel HD graphics family black screen

4. intel hd 4000 blank screen,
  5. Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300 black screen,
  6. intel graphics control panel crashing,
  7. after installing the intel hd graphics driver black screen,
  8. black screen after installing intel graphics driver,
  9. black screen after installing intel hd 610 drivers