Windows 10: Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor

Discus and support Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP ENVY laptop with touch screen running Windows 10 Pro performed an update for the iTunes software. After the update and restart I had a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MobilMan, Jun 22, 2019.

1. MobilMan Win User

Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor

My HP ENVY laptop with touch screen running Windows 10 Pro performed an update for the iTunes software.

After the update and restart I had a black screen with no cursor. It is running because I can get keyboard responses like turn on keyboard backlight. Googled the problem and was instructed to hold down the 4 key in reboot and go into safe mode. Remove graphics driver and reboot. Performed this procedure and now it boots to black screen with no response. No circles, no cursor, nothing. Keyboard backlight still responds and the light on the CAPS LOCK key constantly blinks from the time you press the power button.

Cannot get to safe mode. Will not boot from the recovery flash drive or the original Windows 10 USB stick.

:)

MobilMan, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Dizman7 Win User

Windows boots to black screen with cursor

I figured it out, my pc was being dumb. The USB needed to be listed under hard drives in the BIOS in order to boot from it I guess.

Transferred my iTunes over so far without a hitch. Even updated my iPad flawlessly, now doing my iPhone (which hasn't been updated in months).

Dizman7, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor - Similar Threads - Black Screen iTunes

2. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  3. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  4. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update: My laptop has 2 OS's of Windows 10. The second OS got the WCU earlier this week without incident. The first OS WCU conflicted with Avast Cleanup Premium after spending so many hours downloading and installing & reinstalling the latest WCU automatically. The machine crashed...
  5. Black Screen with cursor after update installing

Black Screen with cursor after update installing: I'm not asking for my self. My Windows 10 Laptop is working fine. I'm asking this question for my Friend. My friend recently update the windows 10 version. The Windows update stucked at 15% . I don't know what he exactly did. He Said, "I forcefully shut down the Laptop and...
  6. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  7. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  8. Black Screen with Cursor after update

Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  9. Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates: Hello all, Today during my browsing with Chrome all of the sudden all of my 3 monitors just turned pitch black with only a cursor . At first I thought it might be a problem with the Graphics card since this is mainly my video editing PC that encodes a lot of video with...
  10. Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no cursor after updating to Windows 10: I have a Alienware Alpha 2014 PC. I recently updated to Windows 10 and now have a black screen no cursor. I did check in the forum and that seems to be a common issue. When I typed in my password, I heard Skype open, so I know it is there, just not on my screen. I do not have...