Windows 10: Black Screen After Latest Update

Discus and support Black Screen After Latest Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatriciaEmpson, May 26, 2020.

1. Black Screen After Latest Update

After installing the latest update not the most recent one, my HP laptop shut down and will not start again. All I get is a black screen. How can I restart Windows 10?

Pat

:)

PatriciaEmpson, May 26, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 26, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, May 26, 2020
  4. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen After Latest Update

1. Black Screen After Latest Update - Similar Threads - Black Screen Latest

2. Surface Book goes to a black screen after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book goes to a black screen after latest Windows update: This is the problem: After the latest Windows update, my Surface Book goes to a black screen. After moving the mouse for a few seconds I can get it back, but it is very annoying. There are no connection problems, and nothing has changed since before I did the update. Also,...
  3. Computer boots to a black screen after latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer boots to a black screen after latest update.: I was able to get into the recovery menu and uninstalled I think, no way to be sure the update, but the same thing is still happening. It won't go into safe mode, press and press the F8 button, no good. The automatic repair came up a few times, but no good came from that....
  4. Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen

Latest Windows Update Causes Black Screen: Hello, i just got the popup for the latest windows windows update and went ahead to update it. I let it run and update, although when i came back, i was greeted by a grey, blank screen. I assumed it was part of the update procedure, but after 30 mintues, I resorted to...
  5. Black Screen After Latest Update

Black Screen After Latest Update: I started the update to my Win10 Pro last night. The screen said it will take a long time (my words), so I went to bed expecting the latest to be fully installed and ready to go this morning. However, I now have a black screen. Occasionally, I will see my mouse cursor, and...
  6. Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update

Dell laptop black screened after latest Windows update: Hi all. My Dell laptop is now supposedly removing the last update after the update failed. I have had to do a safe mode re-start to see that the update had failed and left the laptop with a black screen. The removal notice said not to turn off the computer but it's been...
  7. Black screen after latest update

Black screen after latest update: After i install the latest update. It was fine but next time i open my pc i got black screen and a window pop up saying personalize setting not responding please help....
  8. After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen

After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen: I get a black screen with a simple text box asking for a password. But none of the passwords I enter work. However, when I reboot, the normal login screen shows up. Why does this happen?...
  9. Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Black Loading Screen After Latest Update: Hello, So yesterday I went to shut down my computer when Windows only gave me the option "Update & Shut Down" so I gave in and let it do its thing and update. I left it to update over night and came back this morning to a black loading screen with a little spiral spinning...
  10. Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after latest update, can't get into safe mode: Hi everyone, My desktop with Windows 10 stopped booting up a few days ago, I updated it and it booted up properly the first time. The computer was then taking forever to shut down so I force shut it off by holding the power button, and now I get the black screen after...