Windows 10: Black screen after leaving for 10 minutes, having to turn off, restart Dell PC and Windows...

Discus and support Black screen after leaving for 10 minutes, having to turn off, restart Dell PC and Windows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; External technicians failed to find a problem on the log and suggested Windows Reset. Uploaded Dell drivers [PC only 9 months old], did a Windows Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NicolaBrown3, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Black screen after leaving for 10 minutes, having to turn off, restart Dell PC and Windows...

External technicians failed to find a problem on the log and suggested Windows Reset. Uploaded Dell drivers [PC only 9 months old], did a Windows Pro reset two days ago. Went off for lunch, came back same thing again. So frustrating and fed up.

:)

NicolaBrown3, Jul 29, 2021
  2. DeanEvo Win User

WIndows 10, screen goes black after a couple of minutes and have to restart computer

Hi, I have upgraded to windows 10 and shortly (couple of minutes) after the computer boots to desktop the screen goes black and I can't do anything but turn off or restart.

In safe mode it doesn't turn off.

I use the hide updates patch on my gpu drivers and have set metered connection to on however the screen still goes black as if it's installing a gpu driver that doesn't work.

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

DeanEvo, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Olivia_hh Win User
    windows 10 black screen after update and after leaving PC to sleep?

I've tried the steps you suggested but they don't seem to work. The black screen I'm facing is only when i try to shut down or leave my PC to sleep and its completely unresponsive no cursor or anything. I've tried things others have suggested but they don't
    seem to work, Is there anything else?

Thanks for your help so far!

Olivia_hh, Jul 29, 2021
  4. zplugger Win User

Black screen after leaving for 10 minutes, having to turn off, restart Dell PC and Windows...

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Black screen after leaving for 10 minutes, having to turn off, restart Dell PC and Windows...

1. Black screen after leaving for 10 minutes, having to turn off, restart Dell PC and Windows... - Similar Threads - Black screen leaving

2. Screen turns black after 10 ~ 15 minute of using

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black after 10 ~ 15 minute of using: It happened yesterday, I turned my PC on, used it for 10 ~ 15 min, and it started to freeze. I thought it was my GPU so I removed it and continued to start my PC again. Without GPU, my screen not freeze but completely black. At this time I cant restart, everything black but...
  3. PC Display Turns off After 10 Minutes of Restarting and Using PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Display Turns off After 10 Minutes of Restarting and Using PC: I have an going issue where my PC Display turns off after 5-10 minutes of restarting and using the PC. Motherboard = ASUM Prime x70 ProVideo Card = Radeon RX VegaI've swapped out the display, HDMI, Display port cords, power cord to the PC. Everything but the power supply and...
  4. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  5. Screen turns off after 1 minute

Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  6. Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.

Laptop takes 3 minutes to turn off after the screen is turned off.: Hello. I have a HP 15s-eq0005nv laptop. Since I bought this laptop 9 months ago, every time I get an update something goes wrong and "breaks". Recently I have been having a huge problem with this laptop. When I click to shut down my laptop the screen turns off normally, but...
  7. Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen will not turn off after 15 minutes.: Hello. Ever since I installed the May 2020 update, my screen will not turn off after 15 minutes like I set it to. This is a fresh installation of the OS, I even tried using "sfc /scannow" but no corrupted files were found. I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is...
  8. Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Turns Black after 10-15 Minutes: Hi, i have freshly formatted my computer, installed all the updates and drivers, i have also RMA'd my video card (which i thoroughly tested and found it works fine on other computers.) but i cant figure out why my screen goes black but the computer keeps running. I can hear...
  9. PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is turning completely off? Set to turn off screen at 10 minutes: I use the PC, walk away, and everytime it sits awhile it is off when I go back. I have to push power button, it boots showing the bios screen just like it actually is completely off. There are no lights on, the PC does not react to keyboard or mouse, only the power...
  10. Screensaver turned off after leaving PC game

in Windows 10 Support
    Screensaver turned off after leaving PC game: This happened to me some time ago but I forgot how to fix it: The Witcher 3 PC game recently installed new DLC. I know that PC games disable the screen saver/display power off options upon starting so they don't interfere with the game. However, they are supposed to...