Windows 10: Black screen after lock screen

Discus and support Black screen after lock screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1909 on my PC x64. I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AaronLaner, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Black screen after lock screen

I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1909 on my PC x64.

I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes I get Advanced System Care popping up to let me know my boot speed. I tried system restore using Advanced System Care when it pops up and I can access the complete programme. Didn`t work. I also tried tips given within the community. They didn`t work either. Remember I cannot access "clean boot".

Can someone please help? Black screen after lock screen 9908e075-97d2-4357-a37e-ad22a0f93fac?upload=true.png

:)

AaronLaner, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 1, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black screen after lock screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after lock screen

1. Black screen after lock screen - Similar Threads - Black screen lock

2. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  3. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  4. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  5. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  6. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen after locking the device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after locking the device: Hello everyone,Yesterday I installed the most recent Windows updates on my device. I didn't really use the laptop because I installed them before getting off of work and shut it down once finished.Since this morning, I have been facing a very troublesome issue. Whenever I...
  8. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: Turn on computer and the lock screen appears random photos with trivia. Any mouse click brings up a black screen with the mouse pointer, nothing else displayed. The mouse pointer moves with the mouse, but the login screen never appears. Tried ctrl-alt-del and...
  9. Black screen after boot, no lock screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after boot, no lock screen: I just updated my pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I've been having some problems. Most of them were no big deal and a restart fixed them. However, now I can't loginto my pc. I just get a black screen. I tried safe mode, but I just got an error on the screen...
  10. Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen

Black screen after pressing buttons on lock screen: So one day i opened my pc and i get greeted with my passcode i open it then it turns black. I turn off my pc and turned it on this time it was black with a cursor. I waited then it turned normal again and if i try to press anything it turns black. Help???...