Windows 10: Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates

Discus and support Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the question describes, I get 2-4 minutes of black screen after login, I can still see the blue screen if I do ctrl alt del but I can't see task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by broxamos, Mar 12, 2020.

1. broxamos Win User

Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates

As the question describes, I get 2-4 minutes of black screen after login, I can still see the blue screen if I do ctrl alt del but I can't see task manager if I click it, just a black screen with the mouse cursor visible. Sometimes I get prompts and I can see them, then after clicking the screen goes back to black.

Options I have tried:

remove what I could from latest updates

removing graphic driver- updating driver to latest version

no restore points to use- startup repair doesn't work

disable avast - no results

This a problem is caused by microsoft and they have to fix it it's their fault. And apparently the only way to get technical support by phone is by paying them, ridiculous.

:)

broxamos, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates

Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates

1. Black screen after login after recent windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Black screen login

2. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update: Hello,My desktop computer is black screening after an automatic Windows 10 update. I think the update should be a recent version since I have updated my PC within the last month. I clicked shutdown and update last night and I woke up to my computer still on with a black...
  3. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update: Hello,My desktop computer is black screening after an automatic Windows 10 update. I think the update should be a recent version since I have updated my PC within the last month. I clicked shutdown and update last night and I woke up to my computer still on with a black...
  4. Black Screen After Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  6. Windows 10 black screen after login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 black screen after login: Around every other time i login i get a black screenI have 2 accounts on the machine, the other account does not do this - so I am suspecting a profile corruption, the eventlog gives an error, but it's not meaningful enough other than the session not starting. If i use task...
  7. Flashing black screen after recent Windows updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flashing black screen after recent Windows updates: As topic stated, after recent Windows updates I have experienced fairly frequent flashing black screen. Never seen before on the laptop HP 240 I have had for about a year....
  8. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  9. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  10. Black Screen After Recent Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black Screen After Recent Update: I recently updated my Windows 10 and the result has been completely annoying for two reasons. 1). My cpu seems to be running in slow motion. I can tell there is a distinct lag between turning on my PC and getting to the login screen. Although this problem seems to be...