Windows 10: Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing...

Discus and support Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I've got the following problem with my Windows 10 desktop PC: PC is powered on, and Windows starts without any problem up to the login screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by phunsoft, May 19, 2022.

1. phunsoft Win User

Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing...

Hi,I've got the following problem with my Windows 10 desktop PC: PC is powered on, and Windows starts without any problem up to the login screen. Mouse, and keyboard behaviour is normal. Upon loggin in, the welcome message and the rotating bullet show for a moment, then the screen goes all black. No taskbar, no desktop, no wall paper is shown. The mouse cursor appear when movin the mouse.Hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del shows the short list of actions like log-off, change user, task manager, etc. And it shows the shutdown icon at the right bottem corner. I can logoff. I can start the task manager, but it

:)

phunsoft, May 19, 2022
  2. cdhodgdon Win User

Unable to access login screen on Windows 10 stuck on Ctrl+Alt+Delete

I'm having a problem on a Dell Laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I am not able to get beyond the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen to be able to login. As soon as Windows finishes booting up to this screen, the keyboard seems to become disabled. I have also tried using both a wireless and wired USB keyboard and they do not function either. But they do work when working in the BIOS settings or loading a Windows install disk to access the repair options, or using any other WinPE based boot disk such as Aomei Partition Assistant and such.

The startup repair option has done nothing, using the command line from the install disk using the command bootrec does not work.

Cannot access Easy of Access option from the screen, as you can see in the linked photo the only things shown on the screen is the background, Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the left, the time/date on the left, the wireless internet indicator and the battery icon.

https://adrt.us/store/20201017_123417.jpg

The mouse does move, when using an external wireless mouse, but the mouse pad on the laptop itself does not work when on this screen, though it does work at any point in the pre-boot and WinPE points.

Any suggestion will be great apperciated.

cdhodgdon, May 19, 2022
  3. SWBodager Win User
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

Thanks for the link. However, ctrl-alt-del is working like is it supposed to, the problem is windows is not responding correctly. When I press ctrl-alt-del the screen changes and I get circle of progressing dots, after about 2 or 3 dots instead of bringing up the login screen it goes back to the screen that says to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock the computer. I know that the key combo is working, Windows is just getting confused for some reason. I have tried different keyboards, accessing the computer remotely, and booting in safe mode and it always starts to bring up the login screen and then goes back to where is was.

SWBodager, May 19, 2022
  4. SWBodager Win User

Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing...

Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock the computer. I have tried restarting, safe-mode, startup repair, different keyboards, and nothing works. This computer is on an AD domain so I can not disable ctrl-alt-del. Any help would be appreciated.

SWBodager, May 19, 2022
Thema:

1. Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing... - Similar Threads - Black screen login

2. Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing...: Hi,I've got the following problem with my Windows 10 desktop PC: PC is powered on, and Windows starts without any problem up to the login screen. Mouse, and keyboard behaviour is normal. Upon loggin in, the welcome message and the rotating bullet show for a moment, then the...
  3. Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after login. Mouse, keyboard, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, logout do work, but nothing...: Hi,I've got the following problem with my Windows 10 desktop PC: PC is powered on, and Windows starts without any problem up to the login screen. Mouse, and keyboard behaviour is normal. Upon loggin in, the welcome message and the rotating bullet show for a moment, then the...
  4. ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen: when I log in, the computer does not respond to pressing the ctrl alt delete combination, but the keyboard is working because I can make changes to the bios. I already disabled fast boot in BIOS, tried to use system restore at startup, but all this did not work. I installed a...
  5. ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen: when I log in, the computer does not respond to pressing the ctrl alt delete combination, but the keyboard is working because I can make changes to the bios. I already disabled fast boot in BIOS, tried to use system restore at startup, but all this did not work. I installed a...
  6. ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  8. Black screen of death before login and ctrl alt del doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen of death before login and ctrl alt del doesn't work: My pc just sort of crashed after an attempted restart and every time the black screen of death happens and ctrl alt del doesnt work. F8 doesnt work. Specs rx 480 i5 8600k 16gb ram 480gb ssd 1tb hdd...
  9. CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL-ALT-DELETE at login not always working: Hello all I want users to be able to login via VPN on the Windows 10 login screen. I followed the instructions in this link: https://blog.lan-tech.ca/2013/03/02/windows-8-connect-to-vpn-before-logon/ This works when I log out of the user session but when I reboot the PC,...
  10. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...