Windows 10: Black screen after login, no task manager

Discus and support Black screen after login, no task manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After login in my account, I get a black screen. If I click with my mouse the cursor shows. I have already pressed ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+esc but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoãoRebolho, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Black screen after login, no task manager

After login in my account, I get a black screen. If I click with my mouse the cursor shows. I have already pressed ctrl+alt+delete, ctrl+shift+esc but the task manager doesnt open. I have pressed Windows+ctrl+shift+B the screen refresh but still black.

I have to wait some minutes to my desktop, taskbar, etc. show up.

The strange thing is this only happen when I power off and turn it on, when I restart my pc this doesnt happen.

I have already followed this guide https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Did all the actions except action 7, I have also reseted my BIOS settings when reinstalling windows

:)

JoãoRebolho, Oct 22, 2020

2. Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!

I keep finding solutions for the issue with a black screen before login or after login and to use the task manager, but my problem is a little different.

I can log in using my pin, and press ctrl+alt+dlt to get the option to bring up the task manager. However, when i click it... no task manager pops up!

I'm at a loss, been in hold with Microsoft for over an hour now. Please help!

growlybeast, Oct 22, 2020
  3. black screen at sign in

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the update.

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you decide to reboot. Sometimes it sits there with a Black screen for a while.
    • Alternatively, at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on.
    • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
      middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step.
    • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe. Go to the Startup tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup programs. Save and
      restart.
    • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    Hope this works.

Anusha Verma, Oct 22, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black screen after login, no task manager

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Black screen after login, no task manager

1. Black screen after login, no task manager - Similar Threads - Black screen login

2. Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager: I have the latest version of Windows and have recently been faced with the above problem. The issue can be fixed by turning off the Enable Fast Start options from the Power Settings but I would like to understand what is causing this?NOTE: When I first turn on my PC and sign...
  3. Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager: I have the latest version of Windows and have recently been faced with the above problem. The issue can be fixed by turning off the Enable Fast Start options from the Power Settings but I would like to understand what is causing this?NOTE: When I first turn on my PC and sign...
  4. Windows black screen with cursor after login cannot open task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login, can't access task manager.: Recently while using my computer, I got a blue screen of death, and when I restarted my computer my login wallpaper was gone and when I clicked the power icon on the login screen it did nothing. After I logged in I got stuck on a black screen with my cursor. I've tried to...
  6. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login, can't access task manager.: Recently while using my computer, I got a blue screen of death, and when I restarted my computer my login wallpaper was gone and when I clicked the power icon on the login screen it did nothing. After I logged in I got stuck on a black screen with my cursor. I've tried to...
  7. Black screen after login, can't access task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows black screen after login. No task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows black screen after login. No task manager: I have seen many replies, but none worked. after loging in at the login screen, i get a black display with cursor. Ctl-alt-del brings a screen, but the task manager does not open. Booting to safe mode works, but device manager wont open. I ran Dism, Sfc, in safe mode,...
  9. Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen On Login, Task Manager Won't Appear: I've got a unique twist on the black screen of death that I can't fix. When I attempt to bring up task manager or switch user, nothing appears other than the cursor. The system also will not shut down or restart of its own volition; the power button has to be held....
  10. Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen AFTER login, no task manager showing up!: I keep finding solutions for the issue with a black screen before login or after login and to use the task manager, but my problem is a little different. I can log in using my pin, and press ctrl+alt+dlt to get the option to bring up the task manager. However, when i click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 black screen with cursor no task manager

2. black screen no task manager