Windows 10: Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work

Discus and support Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, hope you're having a great day. My problem with my laptop is after I login, it turns into a black screen. At first it seems fine, it loaded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jan_Michael24, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work

Hi, hope you're having a great day.

My problem with my laptop is after I login, it turns into a black screen. At first it seems fine, it loaded my dekstop shortcuts and wallpaper but the taskbar is not loading properly. After a few seconds, it turned into a black screen. The only visible thing is my mouse cursor. And trying to run anything, even the task manager, doesn't help.

After this event, I searched for solutions. I tried using safe mode, rebooting, and running task manager but still didn't solve the black screen. The closest I got was booting into safe mode, I tried running the settings but it always say "class not registered." I also tried using task manager to run settings, even cmd, run, opening via explorer, and using the start button. Still nothing happens or opens. It either says, "class not registered", or nothing happens. There's no network, I'am stuck with this problem.

Before this all happened, my laptop was downloading updates. Ranging from Microsoft Office updates to a new version. I forgot what version it was downloading, version 1800 or somewhere near that number. It was at 50-60% before I restarted. I was also installing a phone recovery software so I could retrieve my important files from my dead phone. I uninstalled it before I restarted it. So it is probably another reason for the black screen.

I've searched a lot yet nothing solved the problem. Is there a way to fix this? And I know troubleshooting would be or booting into safe mode and uninstalling updates is one of them but the 2nd paragraph have some explanations. I'm tempted to just restart the whole system without deleting my files or going back to a previous windows 10 version. I already have broken my phone in the same week, I can't lose my laptop.

What should I do?

:)

Jan_Michael24, Jul 28, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Black screen in Safe Mode

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10.

I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key.

The description says I should see a list with startup options.

Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no data.

After that I restarted the computer and saw the regular login screen.

Then, out of frustration, I tried the option to refresh Windows (reinstall while keeping my documents).

But again I have a black screen.

Again I restarted the computer and saw the regular login screen.

Dalendrion, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work

Black Screen after Windows 10 update, even in safe mode.

I have performed Safe Mode (with Low Resolution graphic), several ways:

• First by pressing Shift, while choosing Restart (on the Login screen, which is the only GUI I see) and the go to Advanced Mode. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    • Second, booted dowloaded Win10 DVD ISO from USB drive, and selected Repair. Then choosed the same Advanced Mode - Boot with Low Resolution graphic. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    The suggested Control Panel setting, or changes to settings: Its impossible. I have no GUI to get to Control Panel !

Several Boot attempts, after having battery removed for a while, is also giving Result: Black Screen after login succeeds.

I have a tiny Asus - Power left, gadget presenting itself, after Login. No Desktop, Black Screen.

Trying to start Task Scheduler (Ctrol+ Alt + Delete) shows the options: Logoff, Lock, etc

But choosing Task Scheduler shows the 'timer clock' for a few moments, and the screen gets black again.

My remaining hope, is a BIOS update may help...

Rosenberg-IT, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work

1. Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work - Similar Threads - Black screen login

2. Login screen fills in with 9999999, and Safe Mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen fills in with 9999999, and Safe Mode doesn't work: I have a laptop that I use a Bluetooth keyboard with. It's worked fine until today, but now when I try to log in, the field where I enter my 4 digit security code fills with 99999999999999999999 and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I thought maybe it was a stuck key so I...
  3. Login screen fills in with 9999999, and Safe Mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screen fills in with 9999999, and Safe Mode doesn't work: I have a laptop that I use a Bluetooth keyboard with. It's worked fine until today, but now when I try to log in, the field where I enter my 4 digit security code fills with 99999999999999999999 and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I thought maybe it was a stuck key so I...
  4. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  5. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  6. Black Screen Safe Mode not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen Safe Mode not working: My computer has the black screen of death after updating. I have tried every solution I have come across online and nothing has worked because I cant get into anything from safe mode. Yes I got into safe mode the proper way. When I’m in it, the screen is black except the...
  7. Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck: So I was on my laptop. My battery died. I recharged and turned on my computer and I got the windows logo, the spinning wheel with the cursor and a black screen with no login screen. Task manager doesn't work. No projector options. Restarted to advanced repair and safe...
  8. Black screen after reboot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after reboot into safe mode: Whilst preparing to upgrade my motherboard, CPU, RAM and GPU, I decided to put my PC into safe mode before uninstalling my old GPU drivers switching from nVidia to AMD, didn't want to risk any conflicts. Went into config and selected reboot in safe mode, and clicked restart...
  9. Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode: Been a few days, done a ton of research and so far all the solutions ive read on dont fix my problem. To run down the situation: - I get a black screen after i login with only a cursor, but sometimes the screen goes back to normal temporarily, and when it does work...
  10. Login screen not appearing and safe mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen not appearing and safe mode doesn't work: Yesterday my laptop start up really slowly and i tried to disable all services through msconfig then restart it, the problem appear here. I cant login because login screen not appearing i tried to safe mode with Shift + restart, Shift F8 and F8 but doesnt work. I hope you...