Windows 10: Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

Discus and support Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JHawes13, Jun 30, 2021.

1. JHawes13 Win User

Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on the forum choosing option 4 safe mode however, safe mode never gets up and running - I just have the continuous loading spiral and when i click it says not responding. So then I have tried to restart normally after force shutting down maybe twenty times and it is has gotten stuck here as well, and won't shut down/resta

:)

JHawes13, Jun 30, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 30, 2021
  3. DSerious Win User
    Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

Hi,

Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC.

I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings.

Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password.

From the Advanced Options screen, I have selected Startup Settings, to try to Enable Safe Mode with Networking, but the USB keyboard won't work in Startup Settings, I have tried every USB port on my PC, but it doesn't work. (Other people have had this issue). The annoying thing is that the keyboard does work on the safe mode login screen but not in Start Up Settings. I have also tried wireless keyboards which also don't work in Start Up Settings, but also do work in the login screen.

I have changed my Windows password on my phone but because I'm not connected to the network (even though I have an ethernet cable plugged into my PC and modem) it says my password is wrong.

From the Advanced Options screen, I have even tried resetting the PC but that requires a password.

So now I can't get into Windows and I can't get into Bios.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thank you.

DSerious, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

Black screen in Safe Mode

Hello,

I'm using Windows 10.

I wanted to go to Safe Mode to solve some issues with Discord. I did so by pressing Restart while holding the Shift Key.

The description says I should see a list with startup options.

Instead, the screen is black and the monitor receives no data.

After that I restarted the computer and saw the regular login screen.

Then, out of frustration, I tried the option to refresh Windows (reinstall while keeping my documents).

But again I have a black screen.

Again I restarted the computer and saw the regular login screen.

Dalendrion, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

1. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting - Similar Threads - Black Screen login

2. Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted in Safe mode. Screen is now completely black: I had a problem with uninstalling a program from my pc and some website recommended that i put my computer into safe mode in order to uninstall the program. I went into MSCONFIG and turned on minimal something, restarted my computer but now the screen is black and wont turn...
  3. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  4. Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options: Hi, Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC. I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings. Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password. From the...
  5. Black screen after restarting for safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after restarting for safe mode: I am getting black screen with underscrorenot blinking after restarting for booting into safe mode. I turn on safe mode through run->msconfig. But after clicking on the restart button i am getting black screen with underscore even that boot up window is not showing.i can...
  6. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  7. Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen Before Login, no safe mode, stuck: So I was on my laptop. My battery died. I recharged and turned on my computer and I got the windows logo, the spinning wheel with the cursor and a black screen with no login screen. Task manager doesn't work. No projector options. Restarted to advanced repair and safe...
  8. Unable to login after selected safe mode on sign in screen after restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login after selected safe mode on sign in screen after restarted: I seleted setting boot safe mode with network during normal windows 10 environment and restarted, however I am not able to sign in again with the correct pin or password again. There is no option to select under the sign in box for reset. Is there any way that I don't have to...
  9. Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor after login. Screen works fine in safe mode: Been a few days, done a ton of research and so far all the solutions ive read on dont fix my problem. To run down the situation: - I get a black screen after i login with only a cursor, but sometimes the screen goes back to normal temporarily, and when it does work...
  10. Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work: Hi, hope you're having a great day. My problem with my laptop is after I login, it turns into a black screen. At first it seems fine, it loaded my dekstop shortcuts and wallpaper but the taskbar is not loading properly. After a few seconds, it turned into a black screen. The...