Windows 10: Black screen after login

Discus and support Black screen after login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there everybody! I've been using this forum for quite a while now but I registered because I couldn't find a fix for my problem. After I log onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GluXz, Mar 1, 2016.

1. GluXz Win User

Black screen after login

Hi there everybody! I've been using this forum for quite a while now but I registered because I couldn't find a fix for my problem. After I log onto windows I get a black screen for a good 5-10 mintues. I can open up Task Manager with CTRL + ALT + DELETE but can't do anything really from there, at least as far as I know.... All my drivers are up to date, it has nothing to do with my screen settings. I removed all external devices but that didn't do anything either. Actually I tried all the "Fixes" Microsoft offers themselves, but none of them worked. After 5 - 10 minutes my desktop pops up and everything works fairly well! But the problem is still annoying the hell out of me *Confused

I hope any of you guys can help me out because I really don't want a clean install....

Thanks in advance!

Windows 10 Version 1511 build 10586.122

:)

GluXz, Mar 1, 2016

2. [ASUS A550C] Installed Nvidia drivers and got either black screen or screen glitchy

Still the same. But with black screen with no cursor after login

A_Random_Guy_Beta, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Black Screen after Windows 10 update, even in safe mode.

I have performed Safe Mode (with Low Resolution graphic), several ways:

• First by pressing Shift, while choosing Restart (on the Login screen, which is the only GUI I see) and the go to Advanced Mode. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    • Second, booted dowloaded Win10 DVD ISO from USB drive, and selected Repair. Then choosed the same Advanced Mode - Boot with Low Resolution graphic. Result: Black Screen after login succeeds
    The suggested Control Panel setting, or changes to settings: Its impossible. I have no GUI to get to Control Panel !

Several Boot attempts, after having battery removed for a while, is also giving Result: Black Screen after login succeeds.

I have a tiny Asus - Power left, gadget presenting itself, after Login. No Desktop, Black Screen.

Trying to start Task Scheduler (Ctrol+ Alt + Delete) shows the options: Logoff, Lock, etc

But choosing Task Scheduler shows the 'timer clock' for a few moments, and the screen gets black again.

My remaining hope, is a BIOS update may help...

Rosenberg-IT, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Black screen after login

1. Black screen after login - Similar Threads - Black screen login

2. Black Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Login Screen: Good day My laptop is either giving a black screen when I try to log in, or it has a problem booting up. I have tried several solutions and they all failed. I am unable to access the task manager nor any other way I found online. Your help will be greately...
  3. black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen with cursor after login: i tried everything below to fix the issue: the condition of my pc is can't acces any type of short keys, can't acces win+r, task manager didn't show up when clicked. just ctrl+alt+del for restart and turn off. -creating md backup on cmd but can't CD regback -sytem...
  4. Black screen after login in

Black screen after login in: Hello I Know this is been talked before but i didnt find the same situation as mine. So black screen after loging in(typing password and username) only mouse cursor is the only thing you can see. Failed to open task manager from all different ways. ( I see the opinion task...
  5. Black Screen after login

Black Screen after login: I get the Black Screen after login and all is dead only way out is to press pwr and volume buttons to get the restart at the bottom of screen. So whats causing this BS since MS update FEB. 25 2019...
  6. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after login: Hey! I have had windows 10 for a while now, but ever since release I have a pretty huge issue. After having it installed for a while (week or two) it gives me some weird windows notification (Didn't screenshot it fast enough, but is is very long with weird symbols) and after...
  7. Black screen at login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen at login: After I sleep my computer, sometimes the screen is just black with my cursor. I can still do the basic functions like turn brightness down and move my cursor around, but I cannot login or see any graphics. Sleeping again doesn't fix the problem, all I can do is force shut...
  8. Computer booting to black screen after login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer booting to black screen after login.: Hi, My computer recently seems to be having some issue where after I logged in, sometimes it will boot to a black screen with only a cursor. I can't seem to open task manager through ctrl+alt+delete as it doesn't respond. The only way that I can boot back into the desktop...
  9. After login and see black screen on the monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    After login and see black screen on the monitor: Earlier this evening I was surprised to see that happen after I decided to restart my desktop. No problem to login with my password but after this show black screen on the monitor. On Tuesday night I installed the latest Windows 10 1703 with no problem at all and run well...
  10. Black screen no login after screen saver

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no login after screen saver: Hi Just been away from my computer and came back and tapped the keyboard to get a PIN login but all I got was a black screen with moving mouse cursor so had to do a hard reset. Running creators update 15063.332. Any ideas? 86476