Windows 10: Black Screen After Login

Discus and support Black Screen After Login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey guys. I've been trying to login to my pc for the past day, the system boots up fine, until it gets to the login screen where things get really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ramrevivo, Aug 5, 2020.

1. ramrevivo Win User

Black Screen After Login

Hey guys.

I've been trying to login to my pc for the past day,

the system boots up fine, until it gets to the login screen where things get really slow,

I then put in the password and again the loading is unbearably slow..

Finally after the login is successful I'm greeted with a blank screen, no cursor no nothing..

I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del and it worked, I could get into task manager, I tried the simple restart - but right after clicking on the power button everything gets stuck and I'm prompted with this message:

"the sign-in process couldn't display security and sign-in options when Ctrl+Alt+Delete was pressed. if Windows doesn't respond, press Esc, or use the power switch to restart."

and so I tried everything that people has said here years ago, but nothing really helped me out,

I tried some simple solutions like checking whether the computer is set to two screens by accident but hitting winkey+p didn't do anything, nor did trying to change the cables from my Nvidia to the dedicated graphics card.

and I tried more complex solutions I found here on the forums like going into CMD and changing the registry for Winlogon>Shell to explorer.exe like one video mentioned, but It was already like that..so I tried changing it to some gibberish and restarting, booting up was pretty fast, also logging in, and then I entered "explorer.exe" as a new task in the task manager, and that opened "This PC" for me, and I can see all of my filesand open them and my C drive is full for no reason really..I tried opening the settings app from within "my pc" and it didn't do anything, I then changed it back to explorer.exe in the shell registry and upon restarting the system came back to its **** place..

restarting to safe mode didn't do ****, nor did restarting to low resolution graphics.

I even downloaded the latest version of windows - 2004, and using my Mac I burned it to my USB Drive using boot drive,

and when booting to it the screen stays blackhitting ctrl alt del - triggers a restart.

I think my system ****eyond any help

and I don't wanna go through the hustle of formatting my pc, its been rough on me with this windows version,

the only solution I see possible here is to update to version 2004 but I can't access the **** windows installer..is there any other waymaybe cmd? to access that? when attempting to open "this pc" I could open the setup but it wanted to install windows completely from scratch instead of updating to that firmware..

anyway I know people have discussed this extensively but I'm publishing this thread and maybe for the love of god does someone here have an actual solution for this.

thanks I appreciate anything :

:)

ramrevivo, Aug 5, 2020
  2. TonyCole Win User

Black screen after login

This thread lead me to a very simple fix for exactly the same Black Screen After Login problem, but I have a different fix (it took a few hours to solve it though!).

I think it's best to do this from another Administrator account.
    If you do not have another Administrator account then this is how to create one (I have copied and modified this bit from Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10 - Microsoft Community ):

1. Ctrl+Alt+Del, select Task Manager, File->Run new task... Open: cmd.exe then check the "Create this task with administrator privileges" then click OK.
    2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice):
      net user test <password> /add
      net localgroup Administrators test /add
    3. Reboot the PC

To fix the Black Screen After Login problem, from another Administrator account, just delete all the files in the following directory:C:\Users\<BlackScreenUser>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches\
    Obviously replacing <BlackScreenUser> with the user account that has the issue.

TonyCole, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Dadicator Win User

Black Screen After Login

Black Screen after Log on

Laptop or Desktop (Very important) Windows 10 build 14.586 has a very annoying BUG: That causes Black Screen after login:
    To date there is no cure until Microsoft send Update to fix the problem: OK here goes: When you Login and the Screen Goes Black ==>
    Go to your Function Keys for Screen Brightness Chose to Lighten the Screen (This will make the screen Bright) so that you can view it.
    The BUG is that they reversed (via Software) what the Brightness button does -- So it is currently reversed -- "Lighten" makes it Dark -- "Darken" makes it Bright ==> Go figure Microsoft screw the pooch on this one. . . .

This is for LAPTOP -- I have never seen this on Desktops but they are fixed rather than adjustable

Dadicator, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen After Login

1. Black Screen After Login - Similar Threads - Black Screen Login

2. Black screen after login in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login in: Black screen after login in is caused by KB5022360. Please find out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-after-login-in/bdc7cbbe-0569-406e-9c30-c54c09215ab8
  3. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After Login: Ok So When I Turn On My Computer I See A Completely Black Screen Except For Microsoft Edge Open On A New Tab I've Also Tried The Following:Opening The Advanced Startup Screen ~10 Times [It Just Appears As A Black Screen]Opening Control Panel [Doesn't Open]Alt-F4 [Doesn't...
  4. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after login: Since the last Windows update, installed this afternoon, I cannot use my laptop because when I connect, the screen is completely black and I cannot access anything, not even the control panel. How should I proceed in this case, I don't want to lose my files, any help is...
  5. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after login: Since the last Windows update, installed this afternoon, I cannot use my laptop because when I connect, the screen is completely black and I cannot access anything, not even the control panel. How should I proceed in this case, I don't want to lose my files, any help is...
  6. black screen after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after login: so i literally just restarted my laptop and after signing in its giving me a black screen with my cursori tried editing the shell so that it was set to explorer.exe but it was already set to thati tried restarting explorer.exe through task manager and it wasnt there at alli...
  7. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen After Login: Every time I log on to my laptop I get stuck on a black screen with the cursor. I can get task manager up by using ctrl + alt + delete. I don't seem to have the problem when in safe mode. I have tried restarting windows explorer and running it from task manager but neither...
  8. Black Screen After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Login: i’m sure everyone’s heard this story about 10 times over, but every time i’ve logged in today it logs in to a black screen with a moveable cursor i’ve tried - fn+f8 (didn’t work) - windows key+ctrl+shift (didn’t work) - ctrl+alt+delete (worked but won’t open task manager) -...
  9. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after login: Hey! I have had windows 10 for a while now, but ever since release I have a pretty huge issue. After having it installed for a while (week or two) it gives me some weird windows notification (Didn't screenshot it fast enough, but is is very long with weird symbols) and after...
  10. Black screen after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after login: Hi there everybody! I've been using this forum for quite a while now but I registered because I couldn't find a fix for my problem. After I log onto windows I get a black screen for a good 5-10 mintues. I can open up Task Manager with CTRL + ALT + DELETE but can't do anything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign in process couldnt display security and sign in options reddit