Windows 10: Black Screen after messing around in msconfig

Discus and support Black Screen after messing around in msconfig in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, today I got a new webcam and it had a problem. In the camera app the webcam would turn on and off rapidly, so I found myself in this community... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 130z, Jan 30, 2021.

1. 130z Win User

Black Screen after messing around in msconfig

So, today I got a new webcam and it had a problem. In the camera app the webcam would turn on and off rapidly, so I found myself in this community looking for answers. One of the answers I found instructed me to go to msconfig and disable all non-microsoft programs. That didnt do anything so I figured if I re-enabled everything it’d be fine. Thats where everything went wrong. Now im stuck with a black screen, and my cursor. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:)

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Black Screen after messing around in msconfig - Similar Threads - Black Screen messing

2. Black screen after using msconfig -> minimal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after using msconfig -> minimal: I'm planning to use ddu, so I want to turn on safemode on windows 11. I use msconfig -> minimal to enable safe mode, after choosing restart, my screen goes black, my pc still works fine, keyboard works fine, I turn off 3 times and it still got black screen, I used the key...
  3. Black screen after using msconfig -> minimal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after using msconfig -> minimal: I'm planning to use ddu, so I want to turn on safemode on windows 11. I use msconfig -> minimal to enable safe mode, after choosing restart, my screen goes black, my pc still works fine, keyboard works fine, I turn off 3 times and it still got black screen, I used the key...
  4. black screen at login after messing w/ the display settings

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen at login after messing w/ the display settings: While attempting to get my pc hooked up to a tv, I messed around with the multiple displays setting and somehow the format on my desktop got bugged. (apps on desktop gone, nothing in the taskbar will open) I assumed turning my pc off and on would fix it, but that's when I got...
  5. MSCONFIG set to Minimal Boot = Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSCONFIG set to Minimal Boot = Black Screen: Windows 10 Pro - latest updates Windows would not go into Safe Mode, thus I tried some known effective fixes. Nothing worked. I then made the mental error of opening MSCONFIG and selecting minimal boot radio button. Since the PC won't go into safe mode at all, the PC now...
  6. Black screen edges around TOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen edges around TOR: Im using Win10 ver 2004. Most of the browsers are working fine except TOR. Its not showing search results in full screen but it shows its inbuilt features like settings & task manager in full screen. Whatever i search is not in full screen & thick black rectangles covering...
  7. Why the black screen around?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why the black screen around?: i already tried installing & uninstalling it multiple times from its official site, but prob continues. its with only this browser & only appears in search resultswhen i search anything. but when open browser's inbuilt features like menu> options or settings, task manager,...
  8. Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after Booting to Safemode with MSConfig: I was trying to fix a problem I had with the Oculus software and for that I needed to boot into safe mode. The conventional way of doing it wasnt working for me so I decided to use msconfig. I turned on the "safe boot" option and restarted. Once i restarted it turned on but...
  9. I messed up some msconfig ..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up some msconfig ..: I messed up msconfig to clean boot my laptop. Now i can start win10 but it dont have my account and textfield to enter my password . What should i do ? Pls help me......
  10. Networking messing around

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking messing around: After you ms had made changes to the networking system in windows 10, after the June 2018 update. I am no longer able to have a stable connection with either my desktop pc or my laptop. Both these devices are using windows 10 64, pro which cost me a hell lot of money....